Word nu lid en maak deel uit van onze community!

VGN-FS315H - Can't install modem for XP Professional

MarcoAlt
Bezoeker

VGN-FS315H - Can't install modem for XP Professional

Hello everyone!

I have the following problem:

I have installed Win XP Professional in a separate partition of my Vaio VGN-FS315H and have used the drivers in the folder C:\Drivers to install successfully many devices of my notebook.
But I can't figure out how to install modem driver. I tried using the driver located at C:\Drivers\Modem but nothing happens and the system continues to recognize my modem as a simple pci device.

Is there anyone who can help me, please?
:wink:
Thanks in advance
Marco

2 ANTWOORDEN 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_
Lid

Hi Marco

If you go to Device Manager (Start>Control Panel>System>Hardware tab>Device Manager) you can then right click your PCI device and select new driver, there you load in the one from C:\Drivers\Modem

MarcoAlt
Bezoeker

I tried that but it doesn't work. Windows XP Professional doesn't recognize any driver in the c:\drivers\modem folder.

I am afraid that the problem is the drive name. In fact, I installed XP Professional in a drive named E: and maybe the modem driver uses only the C: drive for installation. Is that possible? ( I opened the SnyHDANk.PNF compiled file in the modem directory and found many C:\Windows references....)

And if this is my problem, how can I solve it? For your information, I have the XP Home installed in the drive C: and the XP Professional installed in the drive E:.

Thanks again.
Marco