Join now - be part of our community!

Updated my VP now i need some help please

ChrisJ345
Visitor

Updated my VP now i need some help please

hey guys, first post from me.

gotta say i do love the Vaio pocket, got it in Dixons back in May.
only realised there was a firmware update a few weeka ago so i installed it and now the player is great, got some queries though:

having read the forum i see i have a problem some other people have had but im just making sure im doing the right thing.

1 i updated the firmware and SonicStage (to version 3.3)

2 now when i try to add songs to the VP it says i need to initililize the player, does this mean i have to re format the drive and lose all the songs? the message says "the connected atrac audio device cannot be used with the currently installed sonic stage

to use with current sonic stage you must delete all tracks in the atrac audio device or initialise the hard disc of the atrac audio device"

3 as i had a pretty old PC i used to remove all the songs from the library so they didnt use up space on my old pc, now i have a new pc with plenty of storage im now adding all my cds again to the library at a higher bit rate ready to upload to the player as im never gonna fill up 40GB with music alone.

is this a usual problem? any advice would be great

Thanks

Chris

6 REPLIES 6
grizedale
Visitor

Hi

Just my thoughts as I had the same issue, ensure you have the correct country version of 3.3. I updated using various links etc and all pointed to the US version, what I needed was the European version and it installed without a hitch and no initialisation needed.

ChrisJ345
Visitor

ah i downloaded the Euro version and its still the same problem, im pretty much done with copying all the songs back now into the library, just annoying that it has to be done, but instead of deleting them in future il just make a backup and burn to DVD.

at least this time when i import a CD it gives me the album cover! woo hoo

SirVaio
Visitor

so anyone got the euro link?

ChrisJ345
Visitor

cant remember where i got it from but i just put in the details into google and it found what i needed,

it looks like deleting the tracks is the only way!

grizedale
Visitor

Euro Link

If you go to connect dot com it should tell you under system requirements (top right) which version you should be downloading.

Hope this helps

kostas1966
Visitor