Join now - be part of our community!

VGN AR31s Blu Ray problem

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
stewhewe
Visitor

VGN AR31s Blu Ray problem

Hi. This is my first post>

I recently had a problem playing Blu Ray films and the uj210s optical drive was labelled as a DVD RW drive in my computer.

I decided to do a complete re-install of vista and change back to two seperate hard drives rather than a raid set up. It didn't go smoothly but everything seems ok now apart from the BD drive is still labelled as a DVD RW. I did a firmware update(1.06) from the sony support centre and now when I attempt to play a BD film the on screen message is saying

"This disc has been coded for Region B and C only and will not play in this machine. Please eject this disc and play on a region B or C player"

I have not changed the region settings and the info in properties is saying it is set for region 2 and have 4 changes left.

Can anybody help please!!

Thanks

Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Steve,

What player are you using to play blu-ray discs?  Originally you would have had WinDVD BD for Vaio installed to play blu-ray discs and you need to set this software player to BD Region B in the setup for this software.

It sounds like you have no software capable of playing blu-ray discs.

:thinking:

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Steve,

What player are you using to play blu-ray discs?  Originally you would have had WinDVD BD for Vaio installed to play blu-ray discs and you need to set this software player to BD Region B in the setup for this software.

It sounds like you have no software capable of playing blu-ray discs.

:thinking:

stewhewe
Visitor

Hi Blencogo.

Thanks for the rapid reply. I reinstalled all the original factory installed programs and was using WinDVD BD.

I will checkout the settings now and get back to you. Thanks!

stewhewe
Visitor

Hi again Blencogo.

Yes thats sorted the playback problem thanks very much:smileyhappy:

Don't know why it changed to region A. I have re-installed before and its never done that. Oh well sorted now.

Any idea why the icon for the drive is showing as DVD RW in "my computer"?

Steve