Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio vgn-cs11s fan noise (and now turning off when turned on)

profile.country.en_GB.title
fosh2k
Visitor

Vaio vgn-cs11s fan noise (and now turning off when turned on)

Hi,

I've had my laptop for about two years now, and the fan has always been really loud and seemingly constantly on.  It also makes noises I've never really heard from a fan before.

Now the computer has started just turning off random as well.  It's similar to laptops I've had before that are overheating, but this will do it seconds after I turn it on first thing in the morning, so I can't imagine it is (just) overheating.

When looking for solutions, I came across the press releases from Sony saying that they were aware of problems with the vgn-cs1xx series and that laptops would have 48 months total warranty for fan problems.  I phoned support to have it sent it (at least can fix the fan noise, even if nothing else.  Was thinking that maybe the other problem is related to having had long term fan issues, burnt out components perhaps.  But really have no idea).

Anyway, long story short, on the phone they said that the extended warranty is in America, and not in Europe, and it doesn't count here.  I really can't imagine that they laptop is constructed differently here, but I don't really know what my next step is, so I was wondering if anyone can offer me some advice or give me ideas about possible home solutions.

Thanks.

0 REPLIES 0