Join now - be part of our community!

System Restore

profile.country.en_IE.title
fiomurph
Visitor

System Restore

Hi there friends, can someone help me!!
I am trying to do a system restore, but no matter what date i put in, the laptop will not restore back to that date!!! Any help please... thanks. :smileygrin:

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi carlowlass,

Do you receive the message: "Restoration Incomplete. Your computer cannot be restored . . . " when you run Windows System Restore..?

If so your problem could be caused by Norton, have a look at the solution here .. :slight_smile:

fiomurph
Visitor

Hi there friends, can someone help me!!
I am trying to do a system restore, but no matter what date i put in, the laptop will not restore back to that date!!! Any help please... thanks. :smileygrin:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

:thinking:

fiomurph
Visitor

Hi again yes, i did read something about Norton!! so do i have to switch norton off and then try to do it again, or maybe theres something in the settings, that might need changing!
Thanks, a mill. :laughing:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

so do i have to switch norton off and then try to do it again

yes first follow step 1

For Norton 2007 STEP 1 Temporarily turn off product protection

1. Start your Norton product
2. On the Norton AntiVirus tab or the Norton Internet Security tab, click Settings.
3. Under Basic Security, click Auto-Protect.
4. Click Configure.
5. In the left pane, click Miscellaneous.
6. In the right pane, under How to protect my product, uncheck Turn on protection for my Symantec product.
7. Click OK.

Then run the Windows System Restore

Once you've completed the system restore follow step 2 below

STEP 2 Turn on product protection

1. Start your Norton product
2. On the Norton AntiVirus tab or the Norton Internet Security tab, click Settings.
3. Under Basic Security, click Auto-Protect.
4. Click Configure.
5. In the left pane, click Miscellaneous.
6. In the right pane, under How to protect my product, check Turn on protection for my Symantec product.
7. Click OK.