Join now - be part of our community!

How to Activate the Hidden Vista Administrator

profile.country.en_NL.title
Carelino
Visitor

How to Activate the Hidden Vista Administrator

Not many people know that Vista has a hidden super user account. A website will show you how to activate this Vista Administrator account via a 'Net User' command. One benefit of logging on as this super account is that you will never be prompted for the nagging UAC dialog box.
Benefits of Vista's Hidden Administrator Account

The main benefit of activating this hidden Vista Administrator is so that you have access to an account, which does not suffer from the annoying UAC dialog box. Although it is possible to suppress the UAC with a local policy, there is a lingering fear that security is being weakened. Another worry is that rumours persist that some commands don't work properly if you turn of the UAC.

How to do this???
CLICK ON ME
OR
CLICK ON ME

Some people say using only Administrator account is dangerous and some say that Microsoft just wants to annoy users with security. I personally think I'm gonna use my administrator acount. Hate to have a working place wich tells me I cant delete this or do that bc i need priveleges. It's my damm computer, rather have the risk sombody changing everything on my computer then not having the possibility of controlling my own damm laptop.

I searched many forums and my conclusion was if you are a poweruser wich who knows how to install firewalls etc use the Administrator account. If you are inexperianced dont use the administrator account. Windows Vista security is in my opinion rediculous.

6 REPLIES 6
Carelino
Visitor

Sorry people my post came twice on the thread. Strange bc the firt time i clicked on the button I got error second time I didnt. Anyway I bet somebody will remove 1 of these 2...

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Anyway I bet somebody will remove 1 of these 2...

Done, and thanks for the info.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

UAC is something that makes Vista a lot more secure than XP. Well, instead to use a Super User Account, I recommend to disable UAC. Go to "User Accounts" and you will find the right button. (just click your account-picture)

Well, if you don't use the Super User Account, it's probably wise to add a password. :cool:

Carelino
Visitor

UAC is something that makes Vista a lot more secure than XP. Well, instead to use a Super User Account, I recommend to disable UAC. Go to "User Accounts" and you will find the right button. (just click your account-picture)

Well, if you don't use the Super User Account, it's probably wise to add a password. :cool:

You are correct yet disabling UAC will not give you the possibility of doing everything you want like you did in XP. I disabled everything that was possible yet it does not come near to the posssibilities with the Super User Account. Running your installation with the option Run As Administrator is annoying.

If you ask me Microsofts Security comes with a price wich I call freedom. Are you smart enough to protect your computer or are going to let Microsoft doing it for you with the downside of losing freedom and having to switch between accounts everytime you want to do something important.

Windows Vista's User Account Control (UAC) is the new operating system's most universally reviled feature. Sure, it helps protect you, but it also annoys you to no end.

I QUOTE MICROSOFT:
The primary difference between a standard user and an administrator in Windows Vista is the level of access the user has over core, protected areas of the computer. Administrators can change system state, turn off the firewall, configure security policy, install a service or a driver that affects every user on the computer, and install software for the entire computer. Standard users by default cannot perform these tasks and can only install per-user software.

for more information about this from Microsoft
CLICK ON ME

How to add a password is also in the links.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Thanks for the info

Carelino
Visitor

For a another elaborate explaination from Microsoft about this topic
CLICK ONE ME