Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio T2XP turns itself on

barnabyk
Visitor

Vaio T2XP turns itself on

Hi, I have recently mentioned this in someone else’s thread, but, not wishing to hijack their problem...

I'm finding that when I leave my Laptop in Hibernate mode (Vista Home Premium) it is sometimes turning itself on - I have found it powered on (on BIOS password screen) about three times in past week - sometimes in it's bag and other times just closed-up on a table. No cables attached at all.

Anyone have any idea how this could happen?

I have tried shutting down completely (rather than Hibernate) and it hasn't done it, though there doesn't seem to be any logic to this since the mother-board is supposed to power off in exactly the same way with 'Shut Down' and 'Hibernate' right???

Would be grateful for any pointers.

Barnaby.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Barnaby,

Try going to Task Scheduler (Start -> Accessories -> System Tools) and look through all the tasks in the Microsoft catalog.

If you find any tasks with the "Wake the computer to run this task" flag set, turn them off. I expect you will find at least two!!

:wink:

barnabyk
Visitor

Thanks forthe suggestion... I went through the long list but unfortunately couldn't find any items set to 'Wake the Computer'

It hasn't done it again for a few days now... maybe it was just 'one of those things'

Hmmmmm.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Do you have anything that uses Wake On LAN?