Join now - be part of our community!

So many DW-D56A Failures but Sony don't care.

RonQ
Visitor

So many DW-D56A Failures but Sony don't care.

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:
After 4 replacement DW-D56A drives, my VGN-A417S is on its way back for a 'diffent make' of drive. Sony don't care - but I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING SONY AGAIN. Also PC World are as bad for supporting Sony's lack of customer care.

In addition to these service calls, having impressed on PCW that I don't want another DW-D56A drive, they have arrived on separate occasions with
a Pioneer box, a Panasonic box but both containing a DW-D56A drive. On another occasion, they arrived with a 'new' DW-D56A but when the engineer opened the box it had a faulty drive label on it.
If SONY ever read the threads on their own VAIO web site about DW-D56A problems they might wake up.

Has anyone ever seen a product recall? I doubt it - they have got our money so it is just 'hard lines' to the customers. I for one will no longer be treated like a mug.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I agree with you, it's not on. We've had 100s of posts about that drive in 4 years, and yet nothing is done. It's shameful to say the least!