Join now - be part of our community!

Return an item not visible after login into My Sony

profile.country.en_GB.title
megarockon
Visitor

Return an item not visible after login into My Sony

I bought my laptop few days ago and I want to return it and buy different model after I receive a refund.I would like to ask you, why I can't see "return an item" after I log into My Sony profile, because I don't want to spend 30 pounds again calling and waiting on customer service and resolving nothing (After 5 hours they told me that high pitched sound coming from my laptop is not a fault).

I can't also register my product, because I can't find my Sony Vaio model in the options. When I write the number of my Sony Vaio VPCEB2C5E, I can't choose it and register it, so please look at the screenshots and help me if you can.

Thank you.

Message was edited by: megarockon

26 REPLIES 26
amyzhou
Visitor

HIGH PITCH SOUND AND CAN NOT SEE "RETURN ITEM"

We have the same problem. I am afraid they don't want the return be easy cos they knew their products have problems.

I won't buy any sony products at all. It's a terrible experience. I will return it definitely.

megarockon
Visitor

The only people that contacted me were responsible for repairs and not returns so they didn't help me at all. I am going to sell to notebook to somebody and get rid of it. Sony customer service is just a waste of time and I don't wanna have this experience anymore, so I will buy different notebook.

Message was edited by: megarockon

megarockon
Visitor

I'm sorry but it will be difficult as hell to return the notebook if you bought it on Sonystyle, because there's no button on their webpage, so it is not possible.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi amyzhou,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

You are logging into the Sony Style site and not the My Sony site when trying to arrange for a return.?

iH8MyVaio
Visitor

I decided to bump this old thread because I experienced similar problems with Sony Style.

I've regretted buying a Sony vpceb2c5e laptop online from Sony Style for a trackpad issue but particularly for similar issues mentioned by the originator of this thread. It's Sony Style's firewall-like Customer Services and their complete disconnection from the Sony repair centre that made me create an account here so I could post this message. From my experience it would seem Sony Style only want to sell and have no interest in dealing with repairs or returns. I took part in their customer satisfaction survey which was a waste of time because they did not contact me as I requested when completing the survey.

As for the Sony Repair centre, I had to go through a series of pointless tasks while on the phone, that I had already done, before they finally agreed to take it in for repair. (It seemed like time wasting to bump up the cost of the call). The laptop came back supposedly 'fixed' but still had the same problem. The Sony repair centre would not accept the laptop back for a refund as they are nothing to do with Sony Style. After a fruitless attempt to find a way to return the laptop to Sony Style I gave up. I decided that If ever I got the chance to warn people to think carefully before buying anything from Sony Style then I would. Hence this post.

Beware purchasing from Sony Style.

Great! Got that off my chest!

Message was edited by: iH8MyVaio

Message was edited by: iH8MyVaio

iH8MyVaio
Visitor

Hello again,

Following my previous email I was surprised to be contacted by Sony and was assured that they wanted to resolve the issue to my complete satisfaction. Well, they failed dismally because they want £390 to fix the faulty trackpad because the laptop is now out of warranty!

Thats £390 to fix a trackpad!!!

Because i'd not complained about the original problem not being fixed and instead spent time unsuccesfully trying to return the faulty laptop for a refund the laptop went out of warranty. Because the laptop was now out of warranty I agreed to pay the £70 inspection fee and thought that Sony were genuinely going to be helpful this time, so I sent the laptop back only to find out today that they want £390 to fix a faulty trackpad!

Oh, I forgot to mention the 20% discount Sony kindly offered to help ensure my satisfaction. So there you go, that's actually £488 to fix a Sony laptop trackpad!

£488 to fix a trackpad (excluding discount)!!!

Instead of ensuring my complete satisfaction they have made the situation worse.

I realise I should have complained about the warrany job not fixing the problem but I chose to ask for a refund instead but Sony refused my requests for assistance and made it impossible to return the faulty laptop.

Naturally I'll not be buying Sony anymore and will, from time to time, bump this thread to make other users aware of the pitfalls of buying from Sony.

profile.country.fr_FR.title
seponce65
Visitor

Dear Megarockon,

Sony does not take care of their customers when they do have issues with new equipments probably because they have misdesigned their laptops. When you pay 1500 EUR for a serie z and a "day + 1" guarantee they also do not care.

My battery is OOS is since 2 weeks now and I am traveling a lot. No problem for Sony, we are at "week+2" not "day+1".

You know what? Their customers are now purchasing apple, dell and others. No surprise ! Bad service, no more customer.

Sebastien