Join now - be part of our community!

remote control has died

guthers
Visitor

remote control has died

I have a Sony Vaio VGC-V2S desk top all in one system and the remote control has stopped working, I have changed the batteries but to no avail, is there a way to reset the control or does it sound as if it is just broken?

Any assistance with this thread will be welcome.

Cheers

Guthers :slight_smile:

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi guthers and welcome to Club Vaio.

Try running C:\Program Files\Sony\Vaio Zone Remote Commander\AvRmtCdr.exe

You also need to make sure this runs in your Startup Programs for All Users\Run - I think it is called "Do Vaio ???? ??????"

:wink:

guthers
Visitor

Cheers mate that worked a treat I am now back up and running.
hope you had a great Christmas and a better new yer.

Thanx once again.
Guthers :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

andrewisback
Visitor

Hay I am having the exact same problem but i dont have the file you said, i dont even have the vaio remot... folder. i have an VGN-AR21S i am hoping the file sjust a bit differetn on mine please help

andrewisback
Visitor

Please help!

andrewisback
Visitor

Does this mean no one knows because i am getting quite sacked of with Sony, i bought what should be a brilliant laptop, and i am now slowly finding out that it is more usefull as a paper weight

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

i have an VGN-AR21S i am hoping the file sjust a bit differetn on mine 

Hi Andrew,

The Remote on your AR21S is different as it is a Microsoft Media Centre Remote and not the old Sony Vaio Zone Remote Commander.

Have a look in Device Manager to see if you have an IR Device. Try uninstalling it and rebooting your Vaio.

This is a fairly common problem in MCE - have a look at some of the other solutions HERE

:wink:

andrewisback
Visitor

Thanks the link worked, shorting the 2 terminals and reseting the remote work, one problem down 1 to go lol it might nto end up being a paper weight