Join now - be part of our community!

Battery problems with VAIO FE31M

Alexx112
Visitor

Battery problems with VAIO FE31M

A few months ago I bought a VAIO FE31M laptop. From the start it has problems with the battery, I will explain what I have experienced:

1) When I switch on the laptop on line current and fully charge the battery and when the battery is fully charged I switch of the line current, the battery goes from 100% to 90% in about 1 minute.

2) When I have the laptop switched of but fully charge the batterie on line current and after the battery is fully charged I switch of the line current, and then switch on de laptop the battery begins at 89%.

What is the problem (I already send it ones to Sony, got a new battery, but it still doesn't work properly).

GRTZ,
Misha

Sorry for the bad English.

4 REPLIES 4
Dekesh
Visitor

for your first problem it might be becuase when on battery mode your screen is on full brightness or the CPU is set to maximum performance. If this is the case then that explains the problem.

for the second problem it is normal for this to happen. this is because when the laptop boots up it uses battery power to boot up and on full performance mode hence draining about 10% of the battery whilst booting. this happens on my AR11M also and im sure many other users can confirm this behaviour.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Misha and welcome to Club Vaio.

I would not become obsessed about percentages. The fault is more likely to be in the reporting of the remaining charge than in the battery itself.

The question you should ask is "Does my battery last as long as everyone elses?".

Apart form the reporting of battery percentage, is the battery giving you any problems at all?

You could try a more accurate battery prediction program like BatteryMateXP which may give you more accurate results.

The only alternative is to go back to Sony Vaio-Link support if you are sure there is a fault with the battery.

:thinking:

Alexx112
Visitor

Thank you for the hints: I will try Battery Mate and will inform you about the results (Sony says the battery must last 160 minutes, normally I lasts about 100 minutes, but will check this with battery mate).

Dekesh
Visitor

something to bare in mind....the 160 minutes is probably based on the screen running on absolute smallest brightness level and also with the performance mode set to low.