Join now - be part of our community!

Possible to get dust inside the screen?! - Manufactory Fault?

Mr_DoughBoy
Visitor

Possible to get dust inside the screen?! - Manufactory Fault?

Hey,

Wondering if anyone can help me here, is it at all possible to get dust behind the lcd screen? Im asking this because Ive started to notice what I thought was dead pixels but Ive also noticed what seems to be a dead greenfly behind the panel, they think its actually dust and not dead pixels, it shows up on white backgrounds especially! , the pc is over a year old and they have agreed to send it off to sony (the place where I bought it from) , and repair the screen or replace the lcd depending on the situation...

I always thought the lcd screens are actually sealed behind the plastic panel?

If they find it is dust behind the screen would it be classed a manufactoring fault?

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Hi,

Yes, I'd say it is possible to get dust behind the LCD's pannel - as you say greenfly can get in so I don't see why dust wouldn't.

I'm not sure if it's a manufacturing problem, as these screens need a lot of breathing space.

Mr_DoughBoy
Visitor

Hi,

Yes, I'd say it is possible to get dust behind the LCD's pannel - as you say greenfly can get in so I don't see why dust wouldn't.

I'm not sure if it's a manufacturing problem, as these screens need a lot of breathing space.

Is it possible to clean behind the panel? Or not?

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

If they find it is dust behind the screen would it be classed a manufactoring fault?

Unfortunately it wouldn’t as the screen is not hermetically sealed. I doubt somehow that a greenfly would be able to get in but anything is possible. We have had several reports of thunderfly (harvest fly) behind the screen.

Problem is that when they eventually expire they will remain there forever :slight_frown:
Is it possible to clean behind the panel? Or not?

It is but you would need detailed disassembly instructions unless you have a cavalier attitude to the longevity of your screen. Possibly best left to a technician unless you have the necessary skills?

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat