Join now - be part of our community!

REGISTRATION? NO THANKS

profile.country.en_GB.title
Toppam
Explorer

REGISTRATION? NO THANKS

Like a couple of others on here, I ordered a laptop from Sony and (at long last) it looks like it might arrive this Tuesday.

So I was a bit surprised to receive an email today:

Thank you for your purchase. Your new Sony VAIO products have been registered automatically:

SONY MODEL: 'VPCEB3X5E', SERIAL NUMBER: ...................................

The thing is, the laptop is for my son and he is even paying for (most of) it, so I want it registered in his name.  Anyone had experience of this?

Also, logging-in to this site by the Serial Number they have provided returns the wrong model ... should I be worried?

Simon

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi sitreac,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

The thing is, the laptop is for my son and he is even paying for (most of) it, so I want it registered in his name.

Was the Vaio registered into a My Sony account if you can change your details there.?

If you are unable to change details let us know and we'll try to help further..

Also, logging-in to this site by the Serial Number they have provided returns the wrong model ... should I be worried?

What model does it state.?

profile.country.en_GB.title
Toppam
Explorer

The correct Model No is: VPCEB3X5E

It's coming up as: VPCEB3C5E.

Also, Sony Registered it on Saturday, but it won't even get here until Tuesday; when does the Warranty start?

Simon

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Simon,

If you are happy to..

Please send your name, serial number & email address via Private Message to either  Blencogo or me and we'll forward them onto someone who will hopefully contact you..