Join now - be part of our community!

Raplacement Battery for VPCEC2C5E

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Visitor

Raplacement Battery for VPCEC2C5E

Hi,

I've got a Vaio with the model number VPCEC2C5E and the battery is not lasting more than a few minutes, so I thought I'd get a new one, but when I try searching for the machine on various battery sites there seem to be nothing found for it. So I thought I'd try Sony, well, I can find the manuals, etc. but no accesories. I tried registering the machine on My Sony,, the model does not exist, so I can't. I tried emailing Sony, email sevice not working. So anyone out there who can help and tell me what model I really have? or what battery replacement options I have?

I've got the serial number and service tag but they don't seem to help with Sony.

Cheers

Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Visitor

Hi Rich,

yes, sorry for going quiet, work took over 🙂

I have been contacted by support and as you confirmed in PM's the registration has been taken care of, thanks for your help and sorry I didn't specifically reply to the last PM.

To say I'm satisifed would be a bit of a stretch, the explanation that my machine is a customised model is not really believable the only "customisation" was that they were offering a free upgrade to a Blu-Ray optical device at the time of selling it. It must still be some "base" model with the Blu-Ray upgrade, I still feel the model numbering adopted by Sony is crazy.  And the fact I can't find accesories for it on the web site and can only get them from Sony by calling is very frustrating.

I have, as you know managed to get a 3rd party battery and it seems to be working fine, although the battery care function now says it's in "critical" condition, but it works just fine, I can live with that as the battery was half the price of anything Sony could offer me.

Again thanks for your help and yes the thread can be closed.

Cheers

Mark

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Mark,

Try the following link -  batteries for the E series are listed but they don't come cheap...

http://www.sony.co.uk/group/1237478320951

BTW your model does exist. Here is a link to the support page.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/vpcec2c5e

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Mark,

I have a feeling that you have been given erroneous information. This model appears on the EU support site as per the link I added at the end of my previous post - and is therefore not an imported model and is supported by Sony Europe.

I assume the battery is VGP-BPS22A ? If so it appears as out of stock (first link above). If you can confirm the model number of the battery we will see whether any of our contacts can help.

Also if you can let me know the serial number of your VPCEC2C5E plus service tag by PM (please don't post this on the open forum) I will see whether we can get help on registration.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Visitor

Thanks Rich,

I got to the support page, not much use really if you want to buy anything for it. I eventually caved and called Vaio Support and spoke to Mustapha, seems the laptop Sony UK sold me is not really a UK model and spares can only bebought by calling them up, WTF, I bought it from SONY UK so it should be supported by SONY UK, I can't even register it on my "My Sony" account. Sony you really suck, last product I'll buy from you, if I wanted an imported laptop I'd buy one for half the price on Ebay

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Mark,

I understand that Support have been in contact with you. Can you please let us known wether there was a satisfacory outcome so that we can close this thread.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Visitor

Hi Rich,

yes, sorry for going quiet, work took over 🙂

I have been contacted by support and as you confirmed in PM's the registration has been taken care of, thanks for your help and sorry I didn't specifically reply to the last PM.

To say I'm satisifed would be a bit of a stretch, the explanation that my machine is a customised model is not really believable the only "customisation" was that they were offering a free upgrade to a Blu-Ray optical device at the time of selling it. It must still be some "base" model with the Blu-Ray upgrade, I still feel the model numbering adopted by Sony is crazy.  And the fact I can't find accesories for it on the web site and can only get them from Sony by calling is very frustrating.

I have, as you know managed to get a 3rd party battery and it seems to be working fine, although the battery care function now says it's in "critical" condition, but it works just fine, I can live with that as the battery was half the price of anything Sony could offer me.

Again thanks for your help and yes the thread can be closed.

Cheers

Mark

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Thanks for letting us know Mark.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat