Join now - be part of our community!

Problems with my Video Card!!!

sfont
Visitor

Problems with my Video Card!!!

Hi Everybody!!!

I just bought my new VGN-FE11H, and I expected that I have A BEAST that eats everything that I put in front of it.......

Unfortunetly that's not the true :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I put it my favourite games: Knights of old repubblic I and II.

They not work, I only see Black Monitor.... with music but anything else.

I don't know what I have to do, I update the drivers, I went to Nvidia page and I downloaded six archives of 195 MB but this thing didn't works...

I don't know if it's my fault, my notebook fault, the game's fault or somebody full of envy makes vudu to my new notebook :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Well, without jokes.... can anybody help me?

Thanks

27 REPLIES 27
substance
Visitor

i don't think games will run like on desktops anyway, i mean, the best dektop video cards have their own fans (big ones too) and are dedicated pieces of hardware... notebook cards can;t be expected to "rip through games" as Nvidia would like us think (see their site under the 7300/7400 section).

I tried republic commando and it runs fine

i tried battlefield 2 and it runs ok apart from horrible black lines in the sky

I tried GTA San Andraes and its ok..

All of these games are on medium/low settings... high settings simply will NOT work on this card. Period.

sfont
Visitor

I don't understand why with a lower notebook (Acer Aspire) the games run on High quality abd with our VAIO VGN-FE11H, I have to try the low resolution if I want to play the game....:smileyconfused: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I know
My mother's Acer plays games better than some of the VAIOs

mySTYX
Visitor

My display turnes black without any warnings too.
It happened when i played WoW, viewed a movie or did nothing. The only way then is to turn it off and start the notebook again (no matter if complete restart or standby).

/edit

Vaio VGN-FE11H

substance
Visitor

i just ran 3d mark 2006 and it got a 3d score of 762.

sm2 score was 284

sm3 score was 254

cpu score was 1277

is this crap or what?!

carthorian
Visitor

no, but I don't believe your notebook is designed for gaming...
Those are decent scores for a notebook though.

Your model has a good cpu, max memory, but that doesn't garanty a good gaming station though. If that is the most important reason you bought this notebook, you should have made a wiser choice...

substance
Visitor

to be honest, it isn't... and for what i use it for (high end music apps), it's fine.. but still, why bother chucking a card in it that works no better than a cheap dell pc? If they put a basic VDU chip in it and stopped this silly talk about it's gaming ability which is a load of tosh i suppose it'd be a cpl of hundred quid cheaper, or at least a ton cheaper?

My previous laptop was a multivision ionix with a radeon card in it. It ran KOTOR, Call of Duty 1, Medal of Honour, and countless other games with no problem, and it was only 64mb ram. It had less ram (500mb), and a P4 2,8ghz cpu. Takes the pee really don't it?

sfont
Visitor

Oviusly gaming was not the reason to buy this model but when you buy a notebook that sells you one of the last model of video cards you think that this is for 3d (Cad for example) watch movies and....

Anyway I hope that somebody of Sony read this and do anything.....

Maybe too much innocent?:smileygrin: :smileygrin: :smileygrin: :smileygrin: :smileygrin: