Join now - be part of our community!

Problems with my Video Card!!!

sfont
Visitor

Problems with my Video Card!!!

Hi Everybody!!!

I just bought my new VGN-FE11H, and I expected that I have A BEAST that eats everything that I put in front of it.......

Unfortunetly that's not the true :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I put it my favourite games: Knights of old repubblic I and II.

They not work, I only see Black Monitor.... with music but anything else.

I don't know what I have to do, I update the drivers, I went to Nvidia page and I downloaded six archives of 195 MB but this thing didn't works...

I don't know if it's my fault, my notebook fault, the game's fault or somebody full of envy makes vudu to my new notebook :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Well, without jokes.... can anybody help me?

Thanks

27 REPLIES 27
substance
Visitor

deleted post

substance
Visitor

Played Call of Duty 2 demo and it worked fine. KOTOR 1 doesn't work at all.

I ran 3D Mark and got a score of 1635 (?!), not sure if this is good or not, lol.

I'm going to get some more demos and see what happenes, then maybe contact Sony.

substance
Visitor

Just tried Serious Sam demo, from the Nvidia site, and it sucks... I mean, its better than KOTOR in that it actually plays but it is slow and jumps a lot even on low settings.

carthorian
Visitor

Played Call of Duty 2 demo and it worked fine. KOTOR 1 doesn't work at all.

I ran 3D Mark and got a score of 1635 (?!), not sure if this is good or not, lol.

I'm going to get some more demos and see what happenes, then maybe contact Sony.

The scoring depends on what version of 3DMark you are using, for 2003 that would be bad, for 2006 it would be quite good.

substance
Visitor

its 2005...

sfont
Visitor

Rich912,

It seems that is a processor problem with this games, have you got any idea?

Thanks

carthorian
Visitor

a reasonable score In my opinion.

substance
Visitor

ok, backed up my data, did system recovery, then reinsdtalled everything, got COD 2 demo and FEAR demo, both run ok. Haven't tried KOTOR yet. Serius Sam was crap again. It seems to like some games and hate others! I contacted Nvidia and they said the following:

Thank you for contacting NVIDIA Customer Care.

NVIDIA provides mobile GeForce and Quadro GPUs to laptop and notebook manufacturers only. We do not sell add in cards for laptops Since each notebook producer creates different cards and packages using our chips, we recommend that you contact your notebook manufacturer for more specific information on video cards and the support they provide. Please contact your laptop manufacturer for upgrade options available for your model laptop. Watch for new notebooks designed with the MXM connector that will support mobile graphics upgrades in the future.

When I contacted Sony they said that older games may not work (?!) unlike newer games... dunno what this means as i thought old games run easily on new cards... anyway, i'll try KOTOR again.

PS: I havent reinstalled the GeForce 7400 update from Sony link yet... maybe i'll do that and see if it improves/worsens the problem (I had it installed before the recovery but same results).

carthorian
Visitor

This is true, games are always modded for the current hardware. New hardware is designed with new capability's but not compatible with older games (more work = higher costs).

NVIDIA only makes the chips, it are the manufacturers who place it on a card/motherboard. You should always contact the manufacturer (fe MSI, Asus, ...) instead of Intel.

sfont
Visitor

And so......

This means that we won't play again the OLD games??????

I probably didn't understand it