Join now - be part of our community!

MY VAIO SZ3HP/B

gunners607
Visitor

MY VAIO SZ3HP/B

i recently install windows vista on my system and since then i have lost my vaio preinstalled programs and my built-in camera stopped working can anyone help me out on this thanks

1 REPLY 1
skykit84
New

Ok, various issues here

Have you checked under the support page for your laptop for the applications package?
I have just checked for you and the preinstalled drivers and applications are there
http://support.vaio.sony.co.uk/downloads/select/select.asp?site=voe_en_GB_cons&category=0&serie=VGN-...

I will say that I don't know if these are Vista compatible as it does not say but i assume when it says preinstalled, your laptop had XP preinstalled?

As for the camera, you will notice in device manager that it is under Imaging Devices as just a generic USB camera or something like that?
Vista installs a generic driver and is happy with it though it will not work!

The actual driver needs to be updated with Sony's one
this will read then: Sony Visual Communication Camera VGP-VCC5

At this point, please note that Sony are currently having issues with even the Vista driver which is known and is apparently under investigation/fix. While the camera will work once updated, it may have strange issues whereby there might be incompatibility with MSN messenger or that it only works once per boot.

Hope this helps