Join now - be part of our community!

Flashing battery LED on front of VAIO

sunking101
Visitor

Flashing battery LED on front of VAIO

Plugged my mains cord in, LED didn't flash which surprised me. Booted the pc, still no flashing but I did notice the power level was 76% and charging. The battery charged to 100% with no bother but why wasn't my LED flashing? I seem to recall that it flashes until the battery is charged.

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi sunking101,

I'm not sure does the battery light only flash when your Vaio's charging whilst it is turned off..

eagle-eye
Visitor

My LED flashes when charging, whether switched on or not.

Dekesh
Visitor

i think it flashes up to 75% then stops flashing but continues to charge. cant remember where i read this info but i know i have read somewhere.nothing to be alarmed about

sunking101
Visitor

i think it flashes up to 75% then stops flashing but continues to charge. cant remember where i read this info but i know i have read somewhere.nothing to be alarmed about

No, not correct. I plugged mine in today and the battery icon flashed right the way to 100%. So, it appears I have an intermittent fault.

VaioWoman1
Visitor

:rose: Hello, I don't think this is a fault as mine, my hubbydubby's and our numerous other VAIO laptops, also our friends VAIO laptops all flash to 100%! Then stops! Resumes only when we have forgotten to switch our mains on and when it has used a little power from battery whilst waiting for mains power to connect! As it should! :rose:

Hope this puts your mind at rest! :slight_smile:

sunking101
Visitor

:rose: Hello, I don't think this is a fault as mine, my hubbydubby's and our numerous other VAIO laptops, also our friends VAIO laptops all flash to 100%! Then stops! Resumes only when we have forgotten to switch our mains on and when it has used a little power from battery whilst waiting for mains power to connect! As it should!  :rose: 

Hope this puts your mind at rest! :slight_smile:

Er yes, that's how it should act but mine doesn't!

VaioWoman1
Visitor

:rose: Oh dear! [:">] "Blimp-potty Blimp Boob!" "Sorry, must have had my usual big blonde event or something or other!!" :smileyrolling_eyes: :smileyhypnotized: :kissing: :rose:

Dekesh
Visitor

mine only flashes to 75% then stops but continues charging to 100%. it has always happened like this for me. maybe its like that for the newer models. mine is an AR11M just for the record. i guess other people should state there models and whether or not the battery LED flashes after 75%

sunking101
Visitor

mine only flashes to 75% then stops but continues charging to 100%. it has always happened like this for me. maybe its like that for the newer models. mine is an AR11M just for the record. i guess other people should state there models and whether or not the battery LED flashes after 75%

BX396XP. It flashes all the way to 100% but once didn't, which scared me. I'm monitoring the situation!