Join now - be part of our community!

Button drivers for an AR21S.

Button drivers for an AR21S.

Hey guys,

I've been enjoying my Vaio for about 2 months now, and I must say, its just sooo amazing! Yet i've just been bizzy with skimming down my MCE and got around some weird things. Since i've practically erased all of my drivers, i've probably erased the ones for my top en left buttons on my laptop too, because they dont work anymore. So here I am asking you guys if there are any drivers in particular to get them to work again. i've browsed my pre-installed driverbundle but found nothing, If one of you guys might know how to fix this, plz post your 2 cents!

Grtz

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi timothy.couckuyt and welcome to the forum.

Can you explain exactly which buttons you are referring to? It is possible that you need to reinstall some of the utilities as opposed to drivers…

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

What a nice and quick welcome you give me there! cheers!

the left mute-button en volume buttons work alright, tho i cant see these green statusmessages anymore. the eject, S1 and S2 dont work at all. And all the TV-related buttons above the keyboard arent working either. Hope you can get a picture of what my situation is like. thx for your reply!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Timothy,

welcome to Club Vaio. :slight_smile:

Download the Preinstalled Utilities for your AR21S from Vaio-Link, once downloaded extract and then install the following, in order.

1 Sony Utilities
2 Sony Shared Library
3 Vaio Event Service

Once completed then re-boot your vaio.

You may have to do this more than once..:smileywink: