Join now - be part of our community!

Hot key utility

kiklop
Visitor

Hot key utility

Hello everybody,

I installed windws vista on my vaio Ar21b. Since the instalation the eject button for the disc does not work neither any of the Hot keys for sound, brightnes etc.I installed all the updates from vaio-link but no success.

does somebody know the solution

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi kiklop,

Welcome to Club vaio. :slight_smile:

Did you install all the Vista drivers and Utilities available from here..?

kiklop
Visitor

I did but i did not fix the problem. i tried also downloading the drivers from Vaio-link, but did not help.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi ki klop,

Normally doing the following seems to fix the FN keys but you said you've already installed the new Vista utilities..

Try downloading and installing the following utilities for your AR21S again from here

1 Sony Utilities
2 Sony Shared Library
3 Vaio Event Service

Once completed then re-boot your vaio.

You may have to do this more than once..:smileywink:

kiklop
Visitor

Hy,

when I tried to install the video shared library from the firs link that you gave me, the computer did not allow me :THIS PROGRAMM RUNS OV VAIO COMPUTERS ONLY. THIS COMPUTER IS NOT RECOGNIZED AS VAIO COMPUTER.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

when I tried to install the video shared library

Have you installed the utilities

1 Sony Utilities 3.0.00.10180
2 Sony Shared Library 3.1.00.10240(not the Sony Video Shared Library)
3 Vaio Event Service 3.0.00.13110

kiklop
Visitor

Hello,

I fixed the problem. Thank you very much.

The truth is i bought the computer with German keyboard and a German XP operation system. When my friend installed an english Vista on my computer it was a big mess. We somehow solve the problem but anyway I would like to get a recovery Cd for Vaio AR21B in English and then I would upgrade to Vista. If you know anybody who has such CD or where can I get it I would realy apreciate it.

I would like to thank you and send you a bottle of wine if you are from Europe for the help.
You can give me your address on my web site.

Leave your contact here:
http://www.odeja.net/stran/kontakt.php

Ime means name
komentar - write your addres and name and if you prefer red or white wine.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

:cool: You're welcome kiklop, I'm glad the problems fixed.. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the offer of a bottle of wine but there is no need to send me anything, I'm happy that you've solved your problem and thanked me for my help.. :slight_smile: