Join now - be part of our community!

Multiple key failure – FZ11Z

Flexing
Visitor

Multiple key failure – FZ11Z

Hi guys, I’ve bought this laptop recently...and a few weeks ago the n & m keys became temperamental, and would only work if pressed harder than a usual tap. Now the z, x, n, m, v, left arrow, comma key - have totally stopped working all together.

Could this be related to overheating? Because on rare occasions some of the keys do work when the laptop has been off, and cold - but after it’s been running for a while the there is no chance of the keys working.

I haven’t spilt anything or dropped anything or dropped the laptop. Has anyone had this problem?

I’m really fed up & I can’t send the laptop back yet until my semester is over, as I am on the final year of my degree. And I’m using it with an external keyboard right now to get by. Will Sony thoroughly check the laptop and repair or replace it? How are they with faults that come & go? I’m worried they might just turn it on and see it working how it does on rare occasions, and send it back saying its fine.
Cheers.

2 REPLIES 2
vali.ene
Visitor

Try to take off the keyboard and reconnect the ribbon cable between the keyboard and motherboard.

Flexing
Visitor

if i open up/mess around with the laptop - wont i void my guarantee?