Join now - be part of our community!

bluetooth toshiba stack

nicolasillo
Visitor

bluetooth toshiba stack

I recently bought a G11 series laptop and it seems to be a problem with the Bluetooth device. Sony updates tells me to download an application that uninstalls the bluetooth device from toshiba but then when it s looking for a new driver for the UGX device (i don t know what that is) is unable to find one and i don t have a disc for the driver.
Any suggestions for that?

two more things. Although I have registered with VAio I keep getting a message to register with Vaio everytime I turn my laptop on, plus I also get a message to upgrade my club vaio platform.....which when i try it gets stuck in the middle of the downloading proccess...how can I get rid of these two ?

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

I recently bought a G11 series laptop and it seems to be a problem with the Bluetooth device. Sony updates tells me to download an application that uninstalls the bluetooth device from toshiba but then when it s looking for a new driver for the UGX device (i don t know what that is) is unable to find one and i don t have a disc for the driver.
Any suggestions for that?

Hi nicolasillo,

welcome to Club Vaio.. :slight_smile:

Did you follow these download and Installation Instructions..?

1. Download the file TOABLT-01360508-UN.exe and save it to a download directory (please note this directory for later reference)
2. Verify that Wireless switch is turned on & Bluetooth is turned on by Wireless Switching Utility. (Green & Blue Led light ON)
3. Open Control Panel (Click [Start -> Control Panel)
4. Double-click the Add or Remove Programs
5. Select "Bluetooth Stack for Windows by Toshiba" in the Add or Remove Programs dialog box and click Remove
6. Click OK to completely remove the application
7. Restart the computer
8. Wait until the computer has finished loading
9. Go to the download directory and double-click TOABLT-01360508-UN.exe to start the installation.
10. Click Next at the Installation Wizard
11. Wait while Setup performs the requested operation
12. Restart the computer.

I also get a message to upgrade my club vaio platform.....which when i try it gets stuck in the middle of the downloading proccess...

Sony have released a My Club VAIO patch that may resolve that problem, see here

two more things. Although I have registered with VAio I keep getting a message to register with Vaio everytime I turn my laptop on,

You should be able to stop the registration pop-up from starting by going to start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Scheduled Tasks..

In task scheduler you should have three windows, Overview of Task Scheduler, then below this Task Status and finally at the bottom Active tasks..

In task scheduler go to the bottom section of the centre column (called active tasks)

Double click the task you wish to stop (MCVRegistrationReminder1) and in the new window select delete...

Note: there may be more than 1 reminder in the task list.. :wink:

nicolasillo
Visitor

many thanks!!!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome.. :slight_smile: