Join now - be part of our community!

Motion Eye in VGN-FE41M Vista Home Premium

joegold
Visitor

Motion Eye in VGN-FE41M Vista Home Premium

The Motion Eye Cam is only working with Skype.
In MSN Live Messenger its not possible to configer the cam in the messenger Setupmenue.
Also Yahoo Messenger.
Whats the problem ?

Thanks
Joerg

14 REPLIES 14
Spaceface
Visitor

Me too, I'm experiencing problems with the Motion Eye camera of my brandnew VGN-FE41S with Vista Home Premium. Only restarting the PC helps to get the camera up & running again.
The error message I usually get is: Preferred Video Source Not Found (see attached picture, in Dutch).

I reported this issue to Sony Vaio Link in Brussels. So far no feedback.
I find this PC far too expensive for such flaws to be acceptable (but I'm happy to read here I'm not the only one experiencing it).
Hoping for a quick feedback and solution from Sony.
Regards,

Wouter

sunking101
Visitor

It's got to be a Vista driver problem because the exact-same hardware works fully with XP. Sony or Microsoft will have to formulate a patch.

Andreas79
Visitor

Hi there.

I have the same problem with my motion eye on my new VAIO FE41S. It used to work until recently, but now I keep on receiving the message that another program may be already using my cam. I definitely have nothing else running.

So, where can I find that update on the sony homepage? Is there any link to this? Would really appreciate it. :smileygrin:

Thx
Andreas

joegold
Visitor

Its now about 3 Weeks ago and nothing happend.
It seems that these Companys absolutly not interested
to sell products that clients have paid for.
My Tip for the future:
Never Sony again and if microsoft than only cracks.

JS.

mgrasek100
Visitor

It hink this is a typüically problem by windows.
I had another pc and have similar problems too.
I think sony or MS give us a new system and we the user must test it and report all bugs.
Is it fair ? No
But we want have cheap Hard and Software so ists ok...

PS.: My Sony Vaio FE41m have the sam eproblems with the webcam...
but by me works onb MSN so im happy...