Join now - be part of our community!

MODEM DOES NOT WORK

MaSteR
Visitor

MODEM DOES NOT WORK

Hey all, I bought a VGN-FS315M just after christmas and its great. But, I had never had to use the modem until now. So i created my dial up connection. It is using the HDAUDIO SoftV92 Data Fax modem with smartCP. But when I dial, it doesnt actually dial. The dialing sounds come through my speakers followed by a single tone which is repeated until I close it. I have listened through my phone and I can hear that nothing is actually being dialed through the modem itself. I have tried different cables, different locations, different phone lines, uninstalled reistalled updated the drivers for both the modem and the sound (i read somewhere that they were related) I uninstalled the drivers, installed KB888111, reinstalled drivers and tried again. Still, the modem does not actually dial but comes out of the speakers. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

P.S. Also, it says that there is no dialling tone unless I uncheck "wait for dialling tone".

15 REPLIES 15
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

If you can borrow a USB modem then try that, that will eliminate the problem being linked to the line

MaSteR
Visitor

the line is fine. My PC works fine with it.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

In Device Manager, in Ports (LPT & COM), does COM3 appear and does it say it is working correctly?

:thinking:

MaSteR
Visitor

Hmm, i cant see Ports in Device Manager. so nope.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

You need to find the modem installation files on your recovery CD, it's not properly installed

MaSteR
Visitor

lol, I have Reinstalled the drivers lol, please read my first post. Com ports dont appear in device manager anyway