Join now - be part of our community!

Intervideo WinDVD BD

rela
Visitor

Intervideo WinDVD BD

After having worked fine for a couple of months windvd will not play blu ray discs any more. Drive starts but then comes to a complete stop after a couple of seconds without displaying anything. Only change in the config is that I sometimes use the docking station. I can access the files on the BR disc so assume a SW / DRM / driver problem. Notebook: AR31S, WinDVD Version: 8.0 DXVA B08.095, running on Vista. Anybody a clue ?

Rene

9 REPLIES 9
rela
Visitor

New version 8.0 DXVA B08.123 solved the problem. Available via VAIO update.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi rela,

welcome to Club vaio..

:cool: I'm glad you solved the problem.. :slight_smile:

Robster8
Visitor

I have a similar problem, i used to have an AR21S that could run the two Blu-ray discs i currently have, 'Black Hawk Down' and 'Eragon' without a problem. I tragically knocked coffee all over the keyboard and ultimately destroyed the machine. Fortunately for me my home insurance paid out for a new machine and i purchased the AR41S. The Vaio update downloaded the winDVD BD application and intalled it (or at least i assume it installed it, or does it download it but i have to install ?) Anyway when running Blu-Ray through a 1080p TV, 'Black Hawk Down' is perfect, but 'Eragon' does not want to play, it displayes the message on a Big Red screen saying something like 'Ths disc in encoded for Regions A and B, Please play in a Region A or B player'

The WinDVD and Blu ray drive are set to Region B (Europe)

Any ideas ?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

The Vaio update downloaded the winDVD BD application and intalled it (or at least i assume it installed it, or does it download it but i have to install ?) 

You can download and install the Click to DVD BD Update 3.0.20.17080 updates manually from Vaio-Link downloads .. :wink:

profile.country.fr_BE.title
chefchaudart
Visitor

I got similar issue.

Suddenly, none of my BR are working. WinDVD crashes with MFC error. (Win XP)

I suppose I have to re-install it. But , where can I find it ?

it's not a part of the build in recovery tool.

Broono2
Visitor

My AR21S has stopped playing back Blu-Ray titles. I have tried it with discs that I have watched before. The drive just whirrs and WinDVD bd does nothing. These are not the newly released discs with the new protection on them. My graphics driver is the latest available and the version of WinDVD is the latest. I recentlt installed Call of Duty 4 which came with Directx 10, could this be the problem. Anybody got any ideas?

profile.country.fr_BE.title
chefchaudart
Visitor

Ah :smileygrin: I also recently installed Crysis, also DX10. Maybe it's the culprit.

Visitor

Seriously WinDVD is terrible. I got the planet Earth (6 discs), and WinDVD will not play sound on two of the discs.

Installed PowerDVD Ultra and its much faster and better and plays all the discs fine.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

I managed to get windvd working with the updates, but I'm afraid I jumped ship and purchased Power DVD. The quality of playback is much better in my case.