Join now - be part of our community!

How can I get media (DVD/CD/download) to re-install 'Microsoft Office Professional 2007' after 'Windows 7' clean install?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
VAIO.Rob
Visitor

How can I get media (DVD/CD/download) to re-install 'Microsoft Office Professional 2007' after 'Windows 7' clean install?

I bought a VAIO VGN-AR51M laptop a few years ago, with 'Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate' and 'Microsoft Office Professional 2007' pre-installed and bought a Medialess License Kit (MLK) with it, to license the ‘Office 2007’ application.

I have now bought a ‘Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate - Full Version’ to do a clean install on the VAIO laptop, but, whilst it is still covered by the MLK, I don’t have any media to re-install the 'Microsoft Office Professional 2007' after the Windows 7 operating system is installed.

I tried Microsoft (Licensing Team), but they aren't interested in 'pre-installed OEM/MLK' issues.

How can I get media (DVD/CD/download) to re-install 'Microsoft Office Professional 2007' after the 'Windows 7' clean install?

Any help would be much appreciated, as I need to install the Windows 7 operating system as soon as possible, but can’t proceed without an ‘Office’ solution.

Kind regards
Robert

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VAIO.Rob
Visitor

PROBLEM NOW SOLVED

Thalamus - Thanks for your help.

My response is delayed, as I've only just been able do do the hard drive & Windows 7 upgrade.

I couldn't find the Office Trial exe file on my VAIO and the Office 2007 Trial I found and downloaded from the web (X12-30196.exe) wouldn't accept my MLK code.

I then wasted £9 on a 25 minute premium rate call to Sony VAIO Support - to be told that for £48 they could supply a disk which would restore Vista and, in the process, might, or might not, install the required Microsoft Office 2007 - no use at all for my Windows 7 installation!

FinalIy, I found the following Microsoft site, where, on entering my MLK code, I was able to download, free of charge, a backup copy of the original pre-installed version of Microsoft Office 2007 (X16-69454.exe), which accepted my MLK code on installation:

Microsoft Office System Download and Backup Media Site

www.microsoft.com/office/backup

Hopefully, posting this information might help someone in a similar situation.

Rob

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

I bought a VAIO VGN-AR51M laptop a few years ago, with 'Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate' and 'Microsoft Office Professional 2007' pre-installed 

Hi Robert,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

According to the Ar51M's specifications your Vaio was supplied with Microsoft Office Trial 2007 (60 days Try & Buy) preinstalled..

As far as I was aware the Office trial exe file was located on your Vaio's HDD, so you may possibly be able to copy that file and install onto your Vaio once you have installed Windows 7..

Alternatively are you able to borrow a copy of Office 2007 and install using your licience key..

Or you may still be able to locate the office 2007 trial online..

VAIO.Rob
Visitor

PROBLEM NOW SOLVED

Thalamus - Thanks for your help.

My response is delayed, as I've only just been able do do the hard drive & Windows 7 upgrade.

I couldn't find the Office Trial exe file on my VAIO and the Office 2007 Trial I found and downloaded from the web (X12-30196.exe) wouldn't accept my MLK code.

I then wasted £9 on a 25 minute premium rate call to Sony VAIO Support - to be told that for £48 they could supply a disk which would restore Vista and, in the process, might, or might not, install the required Microsoft Office 2007 - no use at all for my Windows 7 installation!

FinalIy, I found the following Microsoft site, where, on entering my MLK code, I was able to download, free of charge, a backup copy of the original pre-installed version of Microsoft Office 2007 (X16-69454.exe), which accepted my MLK code on installation:

Microsoft Office System Download and Backup Media Site

www.microsoft.com/office/backup

Hopefully, posting this information might help someone in a similar situation.

Rob

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the information hopefully, as you said, this will help others in a similar situation..:smileyhappy: