Join now - be part of our community!

Help, keyboard problem.

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
bartony800
Visitor

Help, keyboard problem.

When using the quick web access function i have found that the function of some of the keys have changed, the @ is to be found where the " is located. Can anyone offer a solution.

Thanks,

Tony.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
eagland
Visitor

I'm replying to myself as well as the originator of the @ problem. Well if you fiddle around enough, you eventually find a solution, as Einstein almost said.

Open the Quick Web access as normal. On the toolbar, bottom right there's a symbol indicating 'configuration tables'. Click on that, and a window with various icons opens.

Choose the one referring to keyboard and from the drop down list select the language of your choice; job done.

My problem was, that although I  had selected UK English on the original 'normal' first start up, for some reason this doesn't appear to transfer to the Quick launch which had a US English default.

Bookmarks don't transfer either.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
eagland
Visitor

I have the same problem with the laptop I bought yesterday 11/1/11. Spent hours looking for solutions on the web. What should have been a pleasurable purchase has become an annoying issue with Sony who obviously are aware of the problem. Did you ever get it fixed?

eagland
Visitor

I'm replying to myself as well as the originator of the @ problem. Well if you fiddle around enough, you eventually find a solution, as Einstein almost said.

Open the Quick Web access as normal. On the toolbar, bottom right there's a symbol indicating 'configuration tables'. Click on that, and a window with various icons opens.

Choose the one referring to keyboard and from the drop down list select the language of your choice; job done.

My problem was, that although I  had selected UK English on the original 'normal' first start up, for some reason this doesn't appear to transfer to the Quick launch which had a US English default.

Bookmarks don't transfer either.

-frank-
Visitor

Hi guys,

So this happens every time you use your keyboard or just on quick access?

Try going to Control Panel > "Change keyboards or other input methods" > "Change keyboards" and then in "General", set your keyboard to English United Kingdom.

(Those are the links for Windows 7. For earlier versions it may be slightly different)

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks