Join now - be part of our community!

Bios for VGN-FS315M

barry37
Visitor

Bios for VGN-FS315M

Have just upgraded my laptop (VGN-FS315M) to the Vista Home Basic OS. I have noticed that when I am using the laptop under battery power that the screen briteness does not change accordingly.When checking the power options there is no available setting to do this when using battery power. According to the Microsoft knowledge base a bios upgrade is required. Can anyone tell me if there is bios upgrade available for the Vista upgrade, thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi barry37 and welcome to the forum.

I’m not aware of any Vista BIOS upgrade for your model but have you installed all of the Vista utilities and drivers that are available on Vaio-Link , in particular Vaio Power Management?

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
barry37
Visitor

Hi Rich

Thanks for your reply.
Yes I have installed all the required updates including the Power Management utility.
Barry

Sebby
Visitor

If you get VAIO Power Management to work (i.e. actually do something apart from just appearing to be installed) please let me know.

I've had no luck with it, as detailed on my website at http://www.sebby.me.uk/vaio/vista_update.htm

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi barry37,

Yes I have installed all the required updates including the Power Management utility.

In that case it may very well be a BIOS update requirement. Although your model is not listed here you could try a search for similar models that use the same BIOS as yours.
Upgrade at you own risk of course as an incompatible BIOS could render your system useless.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat