Join now - be part of our community!

PLZ HELP WIFI DEAD NOT WORKING!!!!!

a7med_360
Visitor

PLZ HELP WIFI DEAD NOT WORKING!!!!!

heyyyy ive got this problem with my wifi internet(BTW i am online using ethernet) what happend when i run the Wireless Zero Configuration (Wireless Network Conncection) i receive the following message:
WINDOWS CANNOT CONFIGUE THIS WIRELESS CONNECTION

IF YOU ENABLED ANOTHER PROGRAM TO MANAGE THIS WIRELESS CONNECTION, USE THAT SOFTWARE

IF YOU WANT WINDOWS TO CONFIGURE THIS WIRELESS CONNECTION START THE WIRELESS ZERO CONFIG SERVICE. FOR INFORMATION ABOUT THE WZC SEE ARTICLE 871122 IN THE M$ KNOWLEDGE BASE.

so far i got it to work for a minute by doing the following

1. Click Start, click Run, type %SystemRoot%\system32\services.msc /s, and then click OK.
2. Double-click Wireless Zero Configuration.
3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.
4. In the Service status area, click Start, and then click OK.

this works but about a minute later i have to do the same thing again to get it to work! and then so on you see a pattern here? so please help

29 REPLIES 29
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi there

Have you checked to see if you have the latest firmware update for your router?

a7med_360
Visitor

I just checked ive got the latest version!

a7med_360
Visitor

Ok ive search the internet for over 4hours now all the solutions i found ive tried and have failed!!!! Please help :cry: :slight_frown:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Just check two things: -

1. In Services also check that "Network Connections" is also set to Automatic.

2. In your Routers Settings make sure SSID Broadcast is turned ON.

:wink:

a7med_360
Visitor

SSID Broadcast is on And Network Connections Is Turned To Automatic :wink: :cry:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

What wireless adapter have you got?

Has the Intel PROWireless Connection Utility been installed as this will conflict with the Windows configuration?

:thinking:

a7med_360
Visitor

im using Intel Pro/Wireless 3945ABG....

im using a sony vaio ar21s it came with a sony vaio wireless starter but this has never conflicted with the WZC till today ive had the laptop since november 06

Dekesh
Visitor

to use the WZC you need to disable the intel pro wireless software. this is because windows will not let you use WZC while intel pro wireless is running. had a similar problem on a desktop which i tried to make wireless. you seem to know about services so you need to disable intel proset/wireless event log, intel proset/wireless registy service and intel proset/wireless service. do this then reboot your laptop and you should be able to use WZC. let us know if this helps.

and btw its nothing to do with your router or its firmware.

a7med_360
Visitor

Thats thing i want to know why would it suddenly occur after several months working flawlessy