Join now - be part of our community!

battery

paul_h1982
Visitor

battery

mmm well, more and more i get the feeling i did not do that perfect buy.
the story:
bought my fs285m last year in september, didn't use it that often, in deed, once or twice for half an hour a week, and even then the power supply was switched in.
well, as usual, i charged my battery to 100% last time and did not use the vaio for 3 or 4 days and as i started the laptop today, the battery-control showed 97%.
is this an usual phenomen or did this happen because of the bad accu of the vaio?

thanks in advance.

10 REPLIES 10
paul_h1982
Visitor

ps: run "vaio optimised" as shown on battery-control

paul_h1982
Visitor

maybe anyone can help me also on that:

What's the exact difference between the Sony VGP-BPL2 and the Sony VGP-BPL2C (extra) battery?

I don't see any difference.

thank you

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

i charged my battery to 100% last time and did not use the vaio for 3 or 4 days and as i started the laptop today, the battery-control showed 97%.

I think this is just down to the power used in starting up your system, I do not think it's anything to be concerned about. :slight_smile:

What's the exact difference between the Sony VGP-BPL2 and the Sony VGP-BPL2C (extra) battery?

Neither can I, except that it states the VGP-BPL2C can be used in the VAIO VGN-SZ andVGN-FE Series, but as you have a VGN-FS and can use either model I would go for whichever is the cheaper model. :slight_smile:

carthorian
Visitor

Ofcourse there is a margin of error of a few %, so don't worry about it.

paul_h1982
Visitor

hey! thanks for the help.
I am still a bit concerned about the problem, as it gets worse.

P.e.: Yesterday, sunday, loaded the vaio to 100% battery, today, i just got 92 % power (and i plugged in the power-stitch in BEFORE i started the system)

mmm hope it doesn't get worse.

Any ideas? Still no cause to worry about? Is this maybe because i didn't do a 24h battery charge when i bought the system new so it looses power now?

paul_h1982
Visitor

any help please?
thanks in advance.

carthorian
Visitor

Still don't see any reason to panic. Try fully recharging your notebook and see how long it runs on battery mode.

paul_h1982
Visitor

runs about 1 1/2h with wlan on.
seems pretty okay, even if the battery status dumps down.

anyway, bought the bpl2 yesterday and it works fine with it. (FS285m)

a friend of mine said it would be useful if i discharged the accumulator from time to time, but how to do? just let the vaio run on battery mode until it shuts down to standby-mode? or is there anything else i should look at?
thanks in advance!

Paul

paul_h1982
Visitor

any help on this one plzzzzzzzz