Join now - be part of our community!

POCKET VAIO - IMPROVISING, YOU CAN CREATE MULTIPLE PLAYLISTS

degov
Visitor

POCKET VAIO - IMPROVISING, YOU CAN CREATE MULTIPLE PLAYLISTS

Now that I am happily using my pocket vaio again, I would like to share with all who are interested, how I have managed to create a somewhat workable multiple PLAYLIST beyond the 5 DEFAULT PLAYLISTS pocket vaio supports. If you are still reading, you may agree with me that creating only 5 playlists out of an entire music collection of 2000 songs or over would still result to a playlist having hundreds of songs - still much to browse through. What I did and which works was to edit the GENRE of all tracks checked into the pocket vaio, therefore switching it´s use for the PLAYLIST.

For example, I created a playlist of my most favourite love/slow songs and named it QUIET STORM 1, and the second list of favourites I named QUIET STORM 2, then QUIET STORM 3, and it goes on - yours can run into 10 or more. Another collection of favourite R'n´Bs tracks I named SLOW JAMZ 1, and SLOW JAMZ 2, also could go on to as much as you want it. I also have RAGGA 1, RAGGA 2 - the point here is that you can just name your playlist anything and substitute the GENRE of the tracks in your pocket vaio with the name of the PLAYLIST. That way, if you have 20 songs from different artists and change their different genres in the pocket vaio to a tag, say SMOOTH GROOVES, you can play exactly those 20 tracks back by choosing to play by GENRE in your pocket vaio. From the MAIN MENU Select GENRE and one of the lists now would be SMOOTH GROOVES, select it, and click on ALL SONGS - it would play back those 20 songs. That way, since there are no limit to the number of GENRE you can create, you can have as much playlists as you wish: Now that´s your first of many playlists which can contain as much tracks as you like.

NOTE: The system is both CASE and SPACE sensitive, so that RAGGA1 is different from RAGGA 1, or Ragga1. Any difference in case or space would amount to a different playlist. If you switch the GENRE for the PLAYLIST in the sonicstage on your system you will work faster and just play back after checking your songs into the pocket vaio. But in my case I checked my songs out the way they originally were first, then edited the GENRE while they were in the pocket vaio - it´s slower that way and takes more time, but if you disconnect you can start from where you stopped when next you reconnect to your system.

For those of you who like to listen to a particular set of songs to go with your mood, I hope by creating a multiple playlist through this manouvre is able to help you get over the default 5 playlists the pocket vaio is limited to. If you are not clear about any aspect of this, I am happy to explain further.

Enjoy your sets

2 REPLIES 2
nickkr
Visitor

Well done !

A brilliiant piece of lateral thinking

Now, why didn't I think of that :wink:

Kris1990
Visitor

:cool: