Join now - be part of our community!

VTX-D800U Set-Top Box

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
rholder
Visitor

VTX-D800U Set-Top Box

This trusty set-top box will not retune after digital switchover in UK.  Is there a way round this or is it defunct?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rholder
Visitor

I have to eat humble pie and apologise to Sony!  I bought a new set top box and that didn't work either so I checked the aerial as the VTX-D800 had suggested!  We have had workmen in the loft this week and the aerial had become disconnected.  So my trusty VTX- D800 is now fine again.

Good luck OldKentRoad.

Message was edited by: rholder

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
OldKentRoad
Visitor

Same here, no channels found on automatic or manual retune.

I didn't expect this as the D800U wasn't on the list of incompatible devices (only the older D500 was).   They have been selling for up to £50 on eBay until now, as they were generally thought the best DTV receiver out there.

It doesn't seem likely that there will be a fix, since no firmware updates have been posted for years.

rholder
Visitor

It actually says no channels check your aerial.

Can we have an official response from Sony please?  As you say, they have been highly-regarded up to now but it looks as if they have slipped over the support horizon.

rholder
Visitor

Sony's answer is to print out the user manual.  Unfortunately after several attempts this has failed to load.

rholder
Visitor

I have to eat humble pie and apologise to Sony!  I bought a new set top box and that didn't work either so I checked the aerial as the VTX-D800 had suggested!  We have had workmen in the loft this week and the aerial had become disconnected.  So my trusty VTX- D800 is now fine again.

Good luck OldKentRoad.