Join now - be part of our community!

"TV" is the default input option, not HDMI1

SOLVED
profile.country.en_IE.title
dermotn
Visitor

"TV" is the default input option, not HDMI1

Each time we switch on the tv we immediately get a loud buzzing white noise and white screen.

When I look at the Input settings it seems to default to "TV" and not HDMI1.

Is it possible to change this?

Would appreciate any advice, it is scaring the kids each time !!

thanks

Message was edited by: dermotn

Message was edited by: dermotn

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
Gruntfuttocks
Visitor

Hi,

on my TV (40HX723) there are lots of settings to fiddle with under 'HDMI Set-UP'. I'm sure that one of those will allow the TV to default to HDMI at start up. Mine defaults to the Scart input (which has a Virginmedia box connected) which is a pain. Haven't tried to change it though.

I really should read the manual; oh I forgot, Sony couldn't be bothered to provide one on a £1300 quid TV!:smileyangry:

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
Gruntfuttocks
Visitor

Hi,

on my TV (40HX723) there are lots of settings to fiddle with under 'HDMI Set-UP'. I'm sure that one of those will allow the TV to default to HDMI at start up. Mine defaults to the Scart input (which has a Virginmedia box connected) which is a pain. Haven't tried to change it though.

I really should read the manual; oh I forgot, Sony couldn't be bothered to provide one on a £1300 quid TV!:smileyangry:

profile.country.en_IE.title
dermotn
Visitor

Thanks, I will try that.

I have a workaround of sorts. If I use the on/off switch on the remote instead of hiting a digit key or channel up/down - that seems to work...............most of the time.