Join now - be part of our community!

Internet Access with Bravia TV

profile.country.en_GB.title
janorm
Visitor

Internet Access with Bravia TV

How do i access the internet with a KDL37ex403 TV i have the sony usb stick and can get all the video stuff i just want to check the weather!

7 REPLIES 7
Catmambo
Contributor

Full explanation in this thread - https://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/message/619990#619990

but basically there is no open browser on BRAVIA.

Thanks

janorm
Visitor

Thanks for that disapointed i am oh well back to kindle

joemble
Visitor

I've read the link you posted and apologies for bumping this old thread but I have a BDV-F500. Over the last few days I've been having problems with iplayer. Keep getting Network down errors but a few times I tried I was taken to a white browser screen which said "The Service is Unavailable". From there I pressed the arrow keys and was presented with the BBC homepage and using the arrow keys was able to navigate around and play and read content.

Has something changed and can this be made a permanent feature?

joemble
Visitor

No answer to my question at all?

Catmambo
Contributor

Hi, have you tried a factory reset on the device, no wider issues as far as I'm aware so that should fix it.

Thanks

joemble
Visitor

Thanks. That does seem to have sorted it.

I was impressed, however, that I was able to browse using the remote after I got the error. I know you yourself stated over a year ago there was no open browser. Has that changed? If not, how was I able to browse the BBC website?

Catmambo
Contributor

There is a browser on the device, but its used simply as a way of delivering services like iPlayer, so its not generally user accesable, so the error was just giving you access for some reason. I personally think navigating the open internet using the standard remote control is not a great experience when compared with a tablet, laptop or smartphone.

Glad its working now though :slight_smile: