Join now - be part of our community!

ITV Hub

profile.country.GB.title
comason94
New

ITV Hub

Trying to play a programme on itv Hub but it stops during the first set of adverts.  Cross-checked by using my computer and the programme plays normally. 

19 REPLIES 19
profile.country.GB.title
Algee63
Explorer

To all  with the ITV hub problem.

comason94 who was first to log this problem has posted that ITV are investigating.

His post is on another page which was set up by another person reporting the fault . It would appear that

different pages are being created for the same fault.

profile.country.GB.title
comason94
New

Not in my case as it repeated the problem at the second one. ITV have acknowledged the problem with their app and are now trying to sort it. They have had other complaints.

Sent from my iPhone
profile.country.GB.title
MrsEmm53
Explorer

Exactly same problem...same model.

profile.country.GB.title
comason94
New

Thanks MrsEmm53

As I said in previous posts, ITV have accepted there is a problem and I suggest that you contact them in order to encourage their efforts to fix it. It will help to keep them focussed.

Sent from my iPhone
profile.country.GB.title
comason94
New

ITV have just said: 

"We were aware of an issue occurring on Sony Freeview Play TVs crashing at the adverts. 

Our technical team have advised that this issue occurring on Freeview Play TVs should now be resolved.

Let us know if you are still running into issues."

I intend to check later but if someone wishes to do so earlier and post a reply here, that will be fine by me.

profile.country.GB.title
johniew14
Explorer

My Sony tv is pretty perfect but I still cannot view live tv on the ITV hub my model number 

Sony 43WD756BU any tips would be much appreciated.  Thanks Johnie

profile.country.GB.title
comason94
New

Hi johniew14

To view ITV live your TV needs to be a TV with an android operating system. Certain smaller models are not android and cannot transmit live ITV although they will do BBC live since that operates via BBC iPlayer. My 32 inch Sony does not have android but my 65 inch does. So you need to check your operating system first, and, if yours is android, then you may to download a newer version of the app and address your concerns to ITV since the app is not a Sony product.

Kind regards

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The information contained in this email is confidential and may be privileged. If the reader is not the intended recipient or the agent thereof, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately and delete the original email. Thank you.
profile.country.GB.title
johniew14
Explorer

Hi Comason94

Thank you I am now looking into the operating system I believe it is Opera as there is no mention of

android ,and my tv remote is not like the type displayed for android models.

Thank you for looking into this for me.

Best Wishes

Johniew14

SylvieOrp
Explorer

Since retuning the telly to accommodate Sky Arts I now have a problem with catchup. I can find the station in the apps; I can find the programme I want to see; but when I press 'play' I just get a black screen. (iPlayer has never worked; I either get a circle going round or a message saying it's too 'heavy', so I gave up with that long ago.)

Tags (1)
SylvieOrp
Explorer

Model Sony Kd132we613