Join now - be part of our community!

ITV Hub

profile.country.GB.title
comason94
New

ITV Hub

Trying to play a programme on itv Hub but it stops during the first set of adverts.  Cross-checked by using my computer and the programme plays normally. 

19 REPLIES 19
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

So I can try to help, can you let me know the full model number of your TV?

Best wishes,

Sean 

profile.country.GB.title
b756turner
New

I have recently bought a 43wf663 tv and I have had the same problem with itv hub hanging after adverts.  On trying it again and using resume I get a different set of adverts and then it hangs again.

profile.country.GB.title
comason94
New

Hi b756turner

Yes, that is exactly the problem I’m getting.

Sent from my iPhone
profile.country.GB.title
Algee63
Explorer

I have a KD43XE70003BU tv. The same problem is happening today on this tv, but not just on the ITV hub app. It also happens on both the Channel 4 catch-up app and the Channel 5 catch-up app on the tv.

I did a "Refresh Internet content", still the same.

Phoned Sony who got me to do a factory reset but problem still there. Couldn't spend more time today with them and they will ring me back Tuesday. I will post update if they can solve problem, unless someone comes up with the answer before then.

Wellington18
Explorer

I too have exactly the same problems, it only happens on the itv hub.

My Sony tv is model KDL-40WE663

profile.country.GB.title
Algee63
Explorer

After factory reset and "Refreshing internet content" 2 days ago, I only checked ITV hub to see if that was working and because it wasn't I assumed that Ch4 and Ch5 catchups were still faulty as well. However, I have just checked All4 and My5 and these now appear to be ok. So this puts me in the same situation as the rest of you, just ITV hub faulty. (Checking if this problem is still there makes you realise how many ads we are forced to watch)!

profile.country.GB.title
SonyGadget
Explorer

This is probably not very scientific but I have tried

•  Factory reset
  •  ITV Hub Reset (it's in the About)
  •  Manually setting all the router for the internet
  •  Remote control power reset

None of those worked.

This one has but do not ask me how :

I watched a programme or forward it until the first ad break

After 2 ads, you get the black pause as though it has crashed.

I left it on the black screen for about 50 minutes, i went to do some shopping.

When I returned, it was still black so about to give up, I accidentally pressed the rewind button which normally does not work when an ad break is on, and it started to show the rewind logo on-screen.

The programme I watched crashed and reset itself back to the start.

I forwarded it to the ad break and it worked, the programme continued after the ad break.

profile.country.GB.title
Algee63
Explorer

Hi SonyGadget,

Well done and what perseverance!

As a matter of interest, have you tried viewing another programme since your post and did that work ok? If the answer is yes could you please post an update and I will let Sony know when they ring me tomorrow (hopefully). It would be handy to have your tv model no. so I can quote this to them also, if you don't mind.

For info. I have also mentioned this problem to itvhubhelp and asked if they can shed any light on what's happening. Hopefully they will contact me soon.

profile.country.GB.title
jomerri60
New

I have just used ITV hub and managed to get passed the first ad break. Does this mean the problem is now fixed.