Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia W905 - Youtube black screen

Nightbass
Explorer

Bravia W905 - Youtube black screen

Hi my TV has suddenly started to display black screen of death when playing youtube videos.

I got KDL46W905. TV and app worked perfectly until recently. Now every third/fourth video freezes my TV and I have to plug/unplug it from the power as it is completely unresponsive.

Is this a known issue?

Thanks.

15 REPLIES 15
hutch221
Explorer

Hi, since the weekend ive also started having issues with youtube on my w905. I can play a video, then when I choose a recommended video from below youtube turns off & goes back to the SEN page. Hopefully an update very soon will fix this problem? Have you had any luck fixing your problem?
Sashko777
Explorer

Me too, 32W503A. Black screen while using paired phone. Also today every single video shuts down the app on the end.
hutch221
Explorer

Hi Sashko, when did this start happening on your sony tv? Ive been watching a lot of youtube recently on my w905 then since either sunday or Monday I started having the same problem as you. I've deleted cookies, signed out etc but still no luck. If you get a fix on the problem could you please get in touch
Nightbass
Explorer

Hutch thanks for confirming this. My TV is totally unresponsive and keeps black screen even when I turned it off/on. I have to unplug it from the power to get rid of the problem.
hutch221
Explorer

Hi Nightbass, we'll im glad its not just myself having problems with youtube. When did youtube start doing this to your tv? I thought I must have changed a setting by accident or something wrong with my internet. If you find a fix please can you let me know, thank you
profile.country.en_GB.title
dweaver1

No solution I'm afraid... Not impressed with 'so called support' - they advised me to do a factory reset - even though I'd already reported to them that this didn't work....
Nightbass
Explorer

I noticed that youtube app was updated recently. The app has new UI which looks to be full HD optimized now. Could this update be the source of our problem?

profile.country.en_GB.title
dweaver1

Thankyou - I did notice the logo recently changed from red to white.... Just been checking the 'support' history for my 55x9005a - I bought it in December 2013 & have now been advised by Sony to perform a 'factory reset' 4 times. I don't think I'll be buying another Sony...
marcinbuczek
Explorer

Hi guys. Exactly the same issues on my end. W905A, 3 weeks ago had friends over, 5 devices connected to TV and selecting videos in queue on YouTube. Every other request from any device would freeze TV with black screen and only power crash would help. Since then I stopped pairing with TV, but from last week can't even watch 2 videos one after another using remote as app will force close and go back to home menu. Had update today, problems STILL EXIST. I did several factory resets with no improvement at all. What's going on Sony?