Word nu lid en maak deel uit van onze community!

Can I "miracast" to my KDL40NX803

profile.country.GB.title
theracles
Lid

Can I "miracast" to my KDL40NX803

Having just built myself a new "Intel NUC6i5SYH" and installed "Win 10 Pro", I am trying to contact my KDL40NX803 to no avail.

Is my trusty TV too damned old? :cry: 

5 ANTWOORDEN 5
Anonymous
Niet van toepassing

Hi there

Unfortunately technology is not like wine - it doesnt improve with age.  The short answer is that your TV is not compatible with Miracast technology.

Certificate for your TV:

_20160720_234556.JPG

If it was Miracast Certified, the certificate would state 'Miracast Display'.  For example:

_20160720_234556.JPG

So what can you do.  How about an Amazon Fire TV stick?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201453020

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
theracles
Lid

Thanks Quinnicus, Both for the reply and for the link to your helpful "Posting for Dummies" link! ...bookmarked for future. :slight_smile:

Just viewing the sample certifications, I notice they go back to 2009, I was sure my TV was younger than that, but then time passes so quickly these days!

Ah! looking more closely, I see the Miracast entry in the 2015 cretificate! :dizzy:

Don't fancy having to buy more "sticky out" bits, maybe my wifi connected Youview box could be a solution, ...posted on TalkTalk forum, and awaiting more disappointment! :laughing:

Bad news arrives quickly these days! KDL40NX803  TalkTalk box

Maybe time to buy a new TV! :rolling_eyes:

Anonymous
Niet van toepassing

You're welcome.  :thumbsup:

The 'Dummies Guide' is just another way of posting.  However the Dummies and Idiots books used to be rather good (helped be when i was a whippersnapper!)

I dumped TalkTalk a few months ago.  Irrepairable relationship breakdown.  :nauseated_face:

Anonymous
Niet van toepassing

Oh, and your TV is actually a 2010 model.  Its just that certificates must be gained ahead of being available to buy.

profile.country.GB.title
theracles
Lid

Yup! I knew we'd been friends a long time, didn't realise it was 6 years though!

No real reason to replace, despite several features nolonger working/appropriate and not so "smart" these days, bit like me!

Can't knock the "xxx For Dummies" series, like you they helped me, and sometimes still come in useful!

Sorry to hear of your divorce from the dratted TT.

My hard won negotiated discounts have finally ended and the monthly charge has now doubled so unless I can negotiate some serious discounts, I too will be off!

Who did you go to if that's not too blunt?