Join now - be part of our community!

*** Bravia KDL 55HX853 - WiFi Direct problems

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
brave01heart
Explorer

*** Bravia KDL 55HX853 - WiFi Direct problems

Hi, just rejoined the forums this evening and I'm lookng for help with connecting my TV to our SKY home network.

I've gone through the menu process of going to WiFi Direct and then choosing 'manual' and choosing WPS and I choose 'start' and press the WPS button on our Sky router but after about 2 minutes i get a message saying that trying to connect has failed.

I tried it several times but same thing happened.

I've detailed the basic isetup above and it may be that I've missed something out?  Can any members please advise where I might be going wrong?

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
brave01heart
Explorer

Hi Quinnicus, thank you for the on-going help with WiFi Direct.

I managed to connect my iPhone to the TV using WiFi Direct and I then downloaded imediashare and installed it on my iPhone but, for me, the app did not work fully as described.

i was able to view my photos on the TV but, when trying to play a selection of music, the TV first displayed

"player buffering" followed by, "playback not available" which was a bit disappointing?

Forgot to mention that I downloaded imediashare from the App Store and this is supposed to allow you to

view your photos on the TV, play your music, videos and there is a tab called local network.

Any ideas on why I was unable to play any of my music?

What is the Local Network tab?  I clicked on it but got the busy thingy going round and round.  How do you get it to work.