Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia KLV-40R452A Language Setting... Where is English?!

gavin310
New

Bravia KLV-40R452A Language Setting... Where is English?!

I bought this TV in Thailand. Sony's Thai website is all in Thai and I don't understand it, so I'm posting to here.

When I go into the language settings on the TV, there are many available languages: Afrikaans, French, Russian, Vietnamese, I think Polish, Japanese, Chinese, Arabic, and many others. However, English is not in the list! I've read that some Asian Bravia TVs only come with the language of the country it was bought in, but that doesn't seem to be the case with this TV, as there are about 15 languages to choose from. How is English not included in the languages, yet Afrikaans and Arabic are? Is English really not available, or is there another way to select English?

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

You would be best to speak to Sony Support in Thailand in regards to this (im assuming theres some type of english speaking service).  They have control over what langages that are installed. 

I did find a similar thread on these forums : HERE and its probably on the same lines. 

Cheers

Hi there, i brought this exact TV in Dubai when i lived there in 2013. I relocated last April and brought the TV to the UK. It doesnt seem to work when i try to tune UK channels. Doe this TV work in the UK or only Middle East and Asia.

Thanks 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gemmadubai11

Hi there

I had a look at the specifications of this tv, unfortunately it appears it has an analogue only tuner. I also had a look at the specs in the manual, they confirm the same (see pics below).  So, in order to use this TV in the UK, you will need to purchase a Digital Freeview box.

http://www.sony-asia.com/local/product/klv-40r452a

_20160524_234009.JPG

From manual:

_20160524_234048.JPG

Cheers

Thank you for your reply. So just to confirm that if I buy a free view box I will be able to watch channels the normal UK channels 1-5 as well as the extra channels Freeview offers.