Join now - be part of our community!

BRAVIA KDL 40EX503 ERROR CODE

profile.country.GB.title
dw8011
New

BRAVIA KDL 40EX503 ERROR CODE

Last night when I went to turn on my tv, the green active light came on, and the tv started to come  but promptly shut off. The tv then went into self diagnostic mode. The standby light would flash 6 times before pausing for 3 seconds. I have established from the manual that this signifies an error code (if so it have been helpful if Sony had provided expalanations for these in the manual.

I turned the power off and left the tv for several hours. When I tried again it worked as normal. The first time I tried to switch off/switch on after that the problem described above occurred again. I have tried it several times again last night and this morning before coming to work and the TV has come on. I do wonder if I should be leaving mains power to the tv on all the time (I have always turned the power off at night)

The tv was purchased in June last year and has received no firmware updates since then. I do not have the wireless dongle but presume I can download/transfer updates via memory.

Grateful if anyone out there can advise me as to what the problem might be and what the error code referred to (6 red flashes of standby light followed by 3 second pause) signifies.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.hr_HR.title
DamacizSi
Visitor

If problem continues, contact authorised service Sony.

R

Damac