Join now - be part of our community!

BBC iplayer HD help

profile.country.en_GB.title
Flowmo
Visitor

BBC iplayer HD help

Hello

Can anyone 'in the know' confirm the following: I have just purchased a 37EX403 LCD TV with internet. I got the internet up and running via a LAN cable and works fine. However the TV cannot play HD content from BBC iplayer I get an message on the iplayer menu page says it can't play, am I right in assuming this is a probelm and will it ever be fixed.  Alternatively is there another way to get HD iplayer into the TV. I am a bit dissapointed.

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Cath201
New

Hi

I'm no expert but I think that HD content can only be downloaded if you have sufficient broadband download speed. Do you know what your speed is?

Cath

Flowmo
Visitor

Many thanks for your reply. I dont think this is the problem as I can watch in HD on my computer. The difficulty is in the way the TV receives the data from IPlayer as I understand they are not totally compatible as I was lead to believe.

Thanks

Catmambo
Contributor

iPlayer on 2010 BRAVIA ( basically the Freesat iPlayer)  doesn't support HD yet as the BBC haven't yet launched HD for Freesat iPlayer.

Thanks

iagibso49

The Humax Fox T2 HDR can now stream from the iPlayer HD channel. Why are Sony are so far behind? My Bravia TV is only 3 months old and already it's outdated.

Message was edited by: iagibso49