Join now - be part of our community!

RDR-HXD870 software update and tuning faults

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
neilsalf
Visitor

RDR-HXD870 software update and tuning faults

Today (Thursday 18-Apr-2013) at 14:15 hrs I found my RDR-HXD870 showing UPDATE (in a dim display similar to when idle) when it should have been recording a programme. The remote did not achieve change and there was no TV picture when I switched to HDD. So I powered off the machine by pressing the power button on the machine for a second or two.

I then attempted to carry out a manual software update which started OK but then after 33PERCENTAGESIGN completion, it just froze and then the TV picture disappeared. I thought it may be a channel problem since there seems to be a lot of transmission activity in the area (NR14) at the moment. Having started OK, like the software update function, the channel update got to about 85PERCENTAGESIGN and the TV picture from the channel update disappeared just like the software update leaving it stuck in TUNING.

I will try a firmware update from Version 1.65 to the current Version 1.7, but I'm not confident that this will achieve anything.

Any solutions gratefully received.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Try a reset of the recorder (poweroff +stop button on the deck, unplug for 2 minutes, apply the easy setup procedure). This should solve the problem with the UPDATE/tuning stuck . Afterword you should retry the firmware update to 1.70. Just to check it, firmware update can only be made via downloading it from the sony support site, burning it on a DVD and apply the procedure on the deck: no picture shown on TV, no progress PERCENTAGESIGN shown... do not confuse this with the option in the system menu that does nothing since the firmware is not available OTA.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Try a reset of the recorder (poweroff +stop button on the deck, unplug for 2 minutes, apply the easy setup procedure). This should solve the problem with the UPDATE/tuning stuck . Afterword you should retry the firmware update to 1.70. Just to check it, firmware update can only be made via downloading it from the sony support site, burning it on a DVD and apply the procedure on the deck: no picture shown on TV, no progress PERCENTAGESIGN shown... do not confuse this with the option in the system menu that does nothing since the firmware is not available OTA.