Join now - be part of our community!

Sony WH1000XM3 Alarm Clock on Phone

profile.country.GB.title
lobugg
New

Sony WH1000XM3 Alarm Clock on Phone

Hi, I am wanting to use the noise canceling headphones (Sony WH1000XM3) and was wondering if they cancel all noise even when music is not playing? I was also wondering if I slept with them on if they would be able to play through bluetooth my alarm on my phone to wake me up? In case the battery died throughout the night and I may miss my alarm, is there a way to charge them while having them on and just the noise canceling setting with no music playing, or does that setting require battery power as well? 

Thanks. 

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @lobugg,

@lobugg  schrieb:

was wondering if they cancel all noise even when music is not playing?

Yes, even though the NC is instantly much better when you start tp play music, even at lower volume.

@lobugg  schrieb:

I was also wondering if I slept with them on if they would be able to play through bluetooth my alarm on my phone to wake me up?

I just tried that with my Xperia 5 (Android) and yes, alarm clock sounds are played both trough the phones speaker and on the WH-1000Xm3.

@lobugg  schrieb:

In case the battery died throughout the night and I may miss my alarm

Highly unlikely - if the battery dies, the headphones don't do noise cancellation anymore, so you would probably still hear the alarm clock ringing on your phone.

@lobugg  schrieb:

is there a way to charge them while having them on and just the noise canceling setting with no music playing

When you charge them, you can't have them powered on simultaniously. You can however power them and use them passively (via cable) to play music. That though then doesn't allow for noise cancellation, since again, you can't power them on while they are charging.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
lobugg
New

Hi, I’m trying to set up my headphones to play my alarm clock through them. I have an iPhone 8 and I put the headphones through Bluetooth and set them on noise cancelling setting. For some reason the alarm only seems to go through my phone but I need it to play through the headphones as well. I’m wondering how to solve this issue. Thank you. 

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @lobugg,

I have no idea how this would work on iOS or how to set it up on your iPhone. It works on Android, that is what I could test and confirm.

- Nic