Join now - be part of our community!

Voice search on Netflix

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
dishare
Explorer

Voice search on Netflix

Hello members, I hope someone can help me with this, I have Sony KD49XD8077SU 4K HDR Android TV, I want to be able to use voice search on Netflix app or from the home screen but it does not work, when I search from home screen it only gives me results from youtube and google play movies, from the Netflix app the voice search does not work at all

Thanks for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
dishare
Explorer

I manged to sort the google voice search out on my android tv, I can now get Netflix results when I voice search from the home screen, it might sound weird but all I did was installing google app and when I voice searched asked me which app I want to use then I picked google search app and selected always, now when I search for movies and tv shows using voice search I get results from Netflix and save me time typing in Netflix app

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi,

you can't use the general search function or voice search in NetFlix or simliar apps since they have their own search function integrated.

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.GB.title
dishare
Explorer

Thanks Peter_S for your reply, I can't use voice search in Netflix using remote control as there is no option within Netflix app, and when I am at home screen and voice search for tv shows or movies I only get results in youtube, google play movies, no Netflix voice search results.

profile.country.GB.title
dishare
Explorer

I manged to sort the google voice search out on my android tv, I can now get Netflix results when I voice search from the home screen, it might sound weird but all I did was installing google app and when I voice searched asked me which app I want to use then I picked google search app and selected always, now when I search for movies and tv shows using voice search I get results from Netflix and save me time typing in Netflix app