Join now - be part of our community!

KD-55X9005C - keeps freezing and becomes unresponsive

profile.country.GB.title
JudieT
Explorer

KD-55X9005C - keeps freezing and becomes unresponsive

My new KD-55X9005C keeps locking up and is not responsive to any input from the remote control or the TV buttons. This can occur from anything from once a week to two or three times a day.

Sometimes it can happen shortly  after switching on (from standby) or after a number of hours of viewing.

The TV will display a picture and have sound but no commands from either of the remotes or the controls on the TV will work. (Even the on/off button)
The only solution we have found is to unplug the TV from the power supply and do a full reboot.
Ok, this does resolve the problem but surely it shoud not be necessary so frequently?

All firmware / software is up to date.

Come on Sony, for a TV costing just short of £2k I would expect it to be 110% in terms of operation

33 REPLIES 33
profile.country.US.title
Carlilej
Explorer

I see this thread started years ago and now its 2023 almost 2024 and I have a 2 year old Bravia XBR 55A8H that recently started doing the same thing. Software updates are all caught up and all cache cleared. Totally locks up and is unresponsive 2x3 times a week. And I don’t even watch that much TV. 

if anyone has any suggestions please do share 😎

Same issue with our television, just started a few weeks ago. Never experienced this issue before. Exact same description, locks up randomly, screen freezes, no sound, unresponsive to all remote and tv buttons. The only way to get it unfrozen is to unplug and plug back in.

Same issue.  Sony XBR 65X81CH LED Smart TV Over had the TV for almost 2 years, and it just started freezing about a month ago.  I’m suspicious of a recent software update that Sony did.

profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Contributor

Why on Earth are you people tagging on to a post that started back in November 2015,

why not start your own post.

A new post will attract more interest from those willing to help.

From the model number you gave that TV is not sold in the UK,

this is the UK Sony Support site, where are you?