Join now - be part of our community!

KD-55X9005C - keeps freezing and becomes unresponsive

profile.country.GB.title
JudieT
Explorer

KD-55X9005C - keeps freezing and becomes unresponsive

My new KD-55X9005C keeps locking up and is not responsive to any input from the remote control or the TV buttons. This can occur from anything from once a week to two or three times a day.

Sometimes it can happen shortly  after switching on (from standby) or after a number of hours of viewing.

The TV will display a picture and have sound but no commands from either of the remotes or the controls on the TV will work. (Even the on/off button)
The only solution we have found is to unplug the TV from the power supply and do a full reboot.
Ok, this does resolve the problem but surely it shoud not be necessary so frequently?

All firmware / software is up to date.

Come on Sony, for a TV costing just short of £2k I would expect it to be 110% in terms of operation

33 REPLIES 33
Caledonian_TV
Contributor

See the now 449 page thread entitled   - 2015 Bravia Android TV Issues...

A lot of these sets are being returned as not fit for purpose because of just this sort of issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @rosiebud73

Can you confirm if you have the latest firmware installed?  If you are in the UK you should be on version: PKG2.645.0052EUA.  

If you have not done a factory reset after the firmware update, can you please do so.  It does correct many issues (although not all).  See instructions HERE

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
rosiebud73

Hi, @Anonymous I am in the UK and my software version is PKG2.645.0052EUB. I've just checked that no further updates are available.

I hadn't done a factory reset, but have now just done this.

Fingers crossed.

profile.country.GB.title
behanspen
Explorer

I have had a KD-49x8305c since November 2015. And yes, I have experienced nearly all the problems that everyone else is having. I now in the last two days have had the picture freezing after the tv has been on for some time. I have only had this occurring when watching catch up tv, both times catch up on Channel 4 ! On both occasions my wifi has been working fine and had not dropped out, so I am convinced it is android/ youview related.

I have all the latest firmware updates and carried out a power reset, which does not seem to make any difference.

Come on Sony, come clean admit to your failing and do something about it, not in three months time, do it now.

One very unhappy customer.

DMart28
Explorer

I have the 55X8005C, and have also been encountering issues with the remote becoming unresponsive. 

I thiink I found a temporary solution, which is to turn the tv off (not reset, since this is not possible) and then use the "Netflix" button to turn it on. Once I am in netflix, holding down the power button seems to do a system reset, and then the TV goes back to normal. Has worked for now, hopefully Sony release a new update which fixes this properly!

profile.country.GB.title
JudieT
Explorer

Have been monitoring performance since the last update issued in December.

Things have improved but still not 100%.
Still experiencing the odd 'hang' and total non-response, but have had to do a 'soft' system reboot probably three times in the last month, and have only had to do a full 'unplug' reboot only once.

Have alse experienced a number of slow remote responses, but nothing like it was before the upgrade.

So, in short, in our experience, the last upgrade has improved things, but not completely fixed the issues, but at least we can view the TV on most occasions without having to constantly reboot. (At least the TV has been saved from being yanked off the wall and flung back at the retaier, well, for the time being anyway!)

profile.country.GB.title
kroosah

Hi,

I encounter the same issues 😞

Your message is more then 1 year old and the problem still exists!!

Or is your problem already solved?

profile.country.GB.title
Macvid
Explorer

If I recall correctly, my TV has only frozen once in the last 12 months.

Since the initial regular freezing and non responsive events Sony have updated the software via the internet more than three times. At the moment I cannot recall the current software version installed. If its important to you I can switch on the TV and display the current version and let you know.

I have also had two separate notification of pending software updates. One from Sony that declared at some point in time from 22-02-2017 there would be a software update sent out overnight. That was to move from andriod 'Lollipop' software to 'Marshmallow'. I do not have that new one yet. The other notification came from Amazon who said their software would be updated to improve the sound quality of their films.

profile.country.GB.title
kroosah

Hi,

Yes please sent me your current version :slight_smile:

I have the same notification but i wonder if a new version will fix the problem.

Maybe its a hardware failure like the remote control or the TV receiver?
profile.country.GB.title
Macvid
Explorer

Have you had this 'Marshmallow' update yet?

If so what revision of software is it?

My version is PKG3.533.0108EUB. I may have it but nothing specific jumps out. The only real difference I can see is the home screen background is all black.

I do not use You View as when I have tried a few times in the past I loose the ability to tune in to 'FreeSat' channels. The icon when opened from the home screen shows the 'Opera' browser and amongst the text explains that the channels will be catagorised by 'Genre'. Mine looks the same on 'FreeSat' and 'FreeView' as it did before, hence the enquiry.