Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
alellio01

OK, update done. Still testing,

To make life easier, can we just start a faults list, Maybe carry on the template below ?

Pre update faults

1. Sound when turning tv on, with a sony sound bar connected. results no sound from sound bar or the TV.

work around, (Using remote switch from HDMI1 to HDMI/ARC then back to HDMI 1 and sound will work properly.)

Faults found since update

Abercrombie

Pre update fault
1) one touch remote stopped functioning

Post update
1) one touch remote successfully re-initialised (unplug TV then hold Vol- and Mic buttons then click and hold touchpad. If you have the back cover removed a led on rear will flash several times) and re-registered. Good job really as Sony are out of stock and only supplier that has them was charging £108 for a replacement, which Sony promised to repay!
profile.country.GB.title
tennysonman

Which model is the soundbar?  How have you got it connected?  It should be connected ARC (HDMI x ARC).

profile.country.GB.title
tennysonman

After any update or factory reset the touchpad remote will need to be paired again with the TV.

profile.country.GB.title
scottryan10

Hi,

Reference the one touch remotes.... I can get them at £75...! It's over the odds a little, but it's lower than £100++. !

I can let you know if interested....

Thx
andrewsoong

Are the touch remotes a lot better than using the Android TV app?

profile.country.GB.title
scottryan10

Well, it's like using a mouse on the computer screen....
I think it is much better. I have got the previous version with my other TV, and it is just swipe, tap to click.... Much easier in my opinion....

I have done the update today.... No change what so ever with mine... I tried the 3D and it locked up.... Not looking good Sony.....

Regards
alellio01

CT370 connected to HDMI/ARC and Cable box to HDMI 1.

profile.country.en_GB.title
petsmart

Re Abercrombie post its -vol and the power button and the touchpad for 5 seconds. While your TV is unplugged from the mains first. Then Power on after u see the flashing lights on the inside of the remote back cover on the underside..then factory reset your TV..which we are all familiar with :wink:

Just had to do that one!

mdcooper88
Explorer

Since the update today my 3d glasses have now stopped working!

I turn the glasses on and they flash orange and green then finish as if it has found the TV, then it flashes green 3 times in quick succession, followed by a pause. But it still doesn't work!

Never known a TV so complicated!

My 47" lg TV was less than the Sony, came with the 3d glasses, albeit passive, a smart remote and I've never had to even open the manual or look online for resolutions!

I've had this TV a week, found 2 issues that I'm aware of, registered on 2 forums, read the manual multiple times, and spent £100 on top of the initial £800! To use the simple 3d functionality!

Sony are just robbing the consumer as far as I'm concerned, why I moved away form LG I'll never know as they are far superior in the areas that matter.