Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
aoriol

@geoffs4, I'm all up for a class action case.

Altough, I don't know, I feel an intense desire to set this piece of Sony junk on fire...

profile.country.GB.title
geoffs4

Anyone else?????

You never know we may get the software upgrade and all our problems go on the 1st October 2017.

The sets then draw so much power, overheat and catch fire all on their own!! 😞

aoriol

Hey, at least yours starts up.

Super disappointing, I will avoid Sony products in the future like plague!

hankmarvin107

On a different defect NO 8 in the long list of Android issues from the other forum post

Blank screen with sound

This issue has got worse over time.  Are others seeing it?

I cast from my tablet / phone nearly every day. or use the YouTube App via my Phone to control the TV YouTube App.

I find if I do this once or twice then the next time I get no picture, but I do have sound.   The video processing seems to fail and it can be from any source, HDMI, YouTube running from the Tv App, Netflix ....

Its driving me crazy as I have to reboot every day.    Two Android devices just can’t seem to work seamlessly . 

profile.country.GB.title
geoffs4

If its that dead then get it back to Sony pronto and reject it under the sale of goods act as faulty not fit for purpose.  If they got a bunch of these back on their doorstep then they might just listen.

Anyone up for a visit?

Sony Europe Limited - Head Office UK
Semiconductor & Electronic Solutions
The Heights, Brooklands, Weybridge, Surrey
KT13 0XW, United Kingdom
***  (direct contact edited out)

aoriol

@hankmarvin107, You should be thankful it boots in the first place :party:

Shodney

Also worth noting that the input lag on these TVs when in 4k HDR 4:4:4 mode
is nearly 100ms.

That means those of us looking to get a PS4 Pro / Xbox One S are going to
be in for a very rough time. They will be unplayable in most scenarios.

Just one more thing for Sony to deal with (by completing ignoring, of
course).
profile.country.GB.title
geoffs4

What the hell are Sony playing at?

Not booting

crappy 4k

EPG not operational

audio lag

crashing

screen mirroring lockups

ETC. ETC. ETC..........................................................

Come on Sony listen to your users for once, get a group of us to act as beta testers and get these sets sorted, OR ELSE!

profile.country.GB.title
geoffs4

Just found that their Divisional Director for R&D in Europe is called Morgan David.

I will see if i can glean an email address from somewhere for him and let you all know

hankmarvin107

Spoiler

@aoriol

I am on my 4th TV, since June 2015 (One due to it being totally dead), so I have been there.  Quality of build is poor