Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
profile.country.nl_NL.title
corpsmaster

I found out that een I turn clearaudio and surround off, the audio Buzz and distortions are gone (via TV speakers). There is something really wrong with the surround setting of the TV set. I don't want a stereo TV in 2015!
profile.country.GB.title
theshamelessmanc

@corpsmaster you found it before I could get you bud, good stuff! I had a little play around last night until I got the static, I found that if I had clear audio and surround setting on it came on, so switched the settings to off. So worth noting to people that also have static noise in the background while watching TV (you may not notice it at first) go to settings - sound- and check clear audio and surround are switched off!

PracticallyGeek
Explorer

Found my first real annoyance with my TV thanks to the last few posts. My YouTube app also doesn't cast right,the app itself is fine on it's own but trying to cast video's gives audio and image a major sync difference. Audio is ahead of image for me, not actually knowing until I saw the sticker on the TV saying Bravia 2015 how new this TV was I really don't mind for now waiting for updates as the TV does what I want from it.

I just hope these sets don't suffer from any hardware defects . . .
profile.country.LT.title
otkostas
Explorer

Davidrfarr
DavidrfarrNew1 Post

Re: 2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

First timer and any help gratefully received. 43W755C updated its firmware over WiFi when bought but will not update over WiFi or manually via USB stick to v2287. Over WiFi (and also Ethernet cable) downloads into the high 80s % and then get error code 2123 and no update. Can download the update onto my PC unzip to USB but file downloads to 89% and then TV reboots but not updated. Any ideas on getting round this?

I have exactly the same issue with KDL-43W807C. Firmware does not update to v2287. Please somebody help!

Tags (1)
hazeyb
Explorer

My 43X8305C goes back tomorrow.  Store has agreed to take it back as faulty.  The software is just not up to the job and gets in the way of it being a TV.  Its a shame I thought Android as a smart TV be a perfect fit.  

I've replaced it with a Samsung, and my initial impressions are that the Sony's upscaling, and treatment of images is far superior, but Tizen just works, and doesn't get in the way, and the screen on the Samsung is far better for blacks and contrast.

Anticitizen0ne
Explorer

I have this issue on my kd85, goes to 38% via internet or usb then either error message if via internet and reboots itself via usb at 38% when trying to update to firmware 2287. Can't seem to find any fix.

profile.country.en_GB.title
tweety2b
Ex Commander (Was always on)

Hi,

@Anticitizen0ne Please call our call centre for this issue as we will definitely not be able to solve this online :S

Cheers

Nico

Nico Henderijckx
(ex-Sony employee - fanboy forever)
profile.country.GB.title
blinkinek
Explorer

Hi there,

After the recent updates it seems that some issues have been resolved (menu lag, Kodi is working properly now) but I still run into troubles:

1. Chromecast stopped working out of a sudden. I've tried restarting the TV but it didn't help. I don't want to factory reset it AGAIN. 

2. My touch remote stopped working at all. I can't pair it again, tried factory reset, took out the batteries, tried with fresh ones. Nothing seems to help.

Do you have any suggestions on how to resolve it?

Thanks

petsmart

Blinkinek, re point 2.

Unplug your tv from the mains. press -vol, the power button and the touchpad for 5 seconds. stop after u see the flashing lights on the inside of the remote back cover on the underside.. power on the tv then factory reset your TV..which we are all familiar with.

that worked for me.

petsmart

PS.

My tv is definately faster.

Still have issues with

1. 5.1 via apps as mentioned

2. switching HDMI inputs between devices giving a black screen. This is for example between sky and ps4. Both connected via HMDI arc via sony reciever - themost annoying of issues.

3. see some delay in casting etc.

Also worth noting for some who may be upgrading via USB. Dont copoy the PKG file and the folder to the USB pen (this was ntoed in the instructions) just copy the PKG file only to the root and then it will boot and upgrade.